1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian in love with a guy

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Yami, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Yami

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hey everyone! This is my first post in a while, and now I'm really confused :confused:
    I'm like, 95% gay, homoflexible, a kinsey scale 5, whatever - you get it.
    I used to be out as bi, because I wasn't sure what I were. I'm now coming out as a lesbian, gradually, because I found the chance of finding a guy very low. However - it have happened. I'm in love with a guy, and all it does is causing problems.
    I really think he likes me too, and that's just causing even more problems. It means we have a chance, and then I have to:
    a) start saying I'm "95% gay" or "I'm a lesbian but love him" or "I'm a lesbian in a straight relationship" and start explaining stuff alt. people think I just say I'm gay for "attention"
    b) figure out what to do with sex and stuff. Even though I really like him, I don't get turned on by guys. Especially not penises, and well, that's gonna be a problem.
    c) probably make him feel bad for not being a girl or something, especially with the sex thing

And I honestly don't know what to do? Should I just give up on him and me? Or should I try to make it work? I mean, I don't want to hurt him or make my life really complicated - but I like him. Anybody been in the same situation?

(I'm sorry for the bad language, I'm bot tired and have a different mother language. Feel free to correct me! :slight_smile: )

2. missingmouse

missingmouse Guest

Yami....I totally get where you're coming from....except that I'm the opposite.

If I was forced to label myself, I would be biromantic but homosexual. I can fall in love with either sex but sexually prefer boy parts vs girl parts.

My thing is that I hate labels. We love who we love.

As far as your situation.....it is a tough one. Is sex to you more physical or more emotional. For me it's more emotional, so if I find a girl who I fall in love with, the sex comes natural out of the emotional attachment.

I'm sorry if I didn't answer your question, as it is a tough one and I think it's something you need to figure out for yourself.

True love is hard to come by and if you and him truly love each other, I'd hate to see you lose that because of some body parts.

3. rachael1954

Tough one. I'm a girl married a boy and our relationship was very compatible but the sex was so-so. I never worried about the sex part.

Then 15 years later I meet a girl, decide I'm lesbian or bi, and now the sex part seems to really matter. I don't know if I should continue to be married as before, or pursue someone else just because of sex. It seems silly to me to throw away a great companionable relationship just because of sex. But it also seems silly to me to deny who I am.

You will have to carefully weigh the pros and cons. Of course no one can predict the future which is why I'm in this position and why you are asking the tough questions. Try to take is slow, maybe, and think about what YOU want instead of what he wants. It may make things harder but will be better for you. I wish you luck, tell us how it goes!!