1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Over straight girl crushes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by NewPanda13, Sep 6, 2015.

1. NewPanda13

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Quite possibly the most wonderful thing my straight girl crush could have done for me is move away. Don't get me wrong I miss her like crazy but she was also my house mate so it felt really impossible at times. The distance and space has helped me get over her and now I want to try on dating. Meeting people in my current social circle doesn't seem like a possibility right now so I'm thinking about online dating.

Anyone have any advice? General tips? Horror stories?

I want to put myself out there but I feel really nervous about getting started. :icon_redf

2. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Online dating can do wonders but it can also be quite scary. Never meet up with someone without first figuring out if they're real. Video chatting is very helpful for that but not so much voice calls because you can get voice changer apps these days [According to my friends].

Another thing to remember is not to meet up with them in some back alley. Go somewhere public and well lit. For the first time you meet up try make it during day light hours, like a coffee or something.

I think other than that, its the same as regular dating. Trust your instincts, if something is weird, ask about it. If things get too weird let them know or back out quickly.

Good luck.