1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dating question

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by elietto92, Sep 6, 2015.

1. elietto92

elietto92 Guest

Ive been seeing this guy since febuary this year but been talking on and off since last year.

I need peoples opinions on when it is appropriate to delete your dating profile. For example the guy i am seeing is using dating apps and chatting to other guys yet i deleted mine 3 months in and he hasnt.

I deleted mine because i want him to see in being serious and genuine and not bullsh#@#$ng around.

We are pretty close to a point where take each other to doctors appointments cook dinner and have it together and are planning to go go somewhere.

Im feeling upset yet not sure how to approach the situation as we have been seeing each other for ahes yet still talking to other guys even though we are dating.

Should i wait until he asks me to be his or not?

I need people opinions and experiabces please!

I have told him and given him hints and signs i am not happy but he doesnt get it.

Right now i am not giving him the amount of attention he deserves since seeinf this to a point where he asked me why i didnt hold his hand at the movies

Thanks guys! :slight_smile:

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Talk to him about it. If you want to be exclusive, you don't have to wait for him to bring it up. Skip the hints and signs and just be straightforward. Let him know that you're looking for a monogamous relationship and that you don't feel comfortable that he's still using dating apps.

3. elietto92

elietto92 Guest

Thanks aspen i will :slight_smile:

4. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You have mentioned that you have been seeing each other since February. You've gotten close to the point of taking to the doctor, cooking and eating dinner together and plan on traveling. However this things that you have mentioned can also be done in the context of a friendship. Have you two been clear about your intentions going into the "relationship", for lack of a better word? Does your expectations and wants jive with his? Aspen is right, take the bull on the horn and ask him directly if he wants to be exclusive. Otherwise he is under no real obligation to delete his App if indeed there is no formality to the relationship. He may view it as simple as you are free to do the same as he does but you deleted your App under your own volition and without any instructions from him.

There is also a more bitter pill to swallow. The Truth that he may just not that be into you. Face it if the guy was as invested into the "relationship" as you would he really be still active in the Dating App, thumbing his way left and right looking at profiles, chatting with random strangers. Whilst you are seeing each other in a romantic context, he may still fear on missing out. You may have been in fact relegated to the role of a backup love interest, just in case things don't workout. But if someone comes along who just happens to be "better", then he'll "trade up". In a nutshell it's basically I'll keep my options open until someone whom I'm more into comes along.

The point of the Dating App is to find someone who will make you want to quit altogether. If he fails to see that, then it might be time to cut your losses. Talk about it, what exactly do you represent to each other? And no matter how he twists his actions, a guy doesn't keep his Dating Profile up unless he wants to keep his options open.

5. StartANewLifE

I wouldn't ask someone to delete their dating profile for me. If he's really serious with you, he'll do it without you asking him to. (Did he asked for you to delete your account? No. Right?)

I told the guy that I'm currently dating that I deleted my profile during our first date. He did so too after that date. I didn't ask him but I think it was enough to show that I'm serious with him.