1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Never Want children...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BlurredFace, Sep 6, 2015.

1. BlurredFace

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hello there!

As the title implies, I really do not want kids. Ever. I never have, and I HIGHLY doubt I ever will. I'd much rather focus on my own life and have a career instead of raising a kid. There's really nothing about having a kid that appeals to me except for naming them, but you can do that with a cat or something. My parents, however, just think I'll change my mind, and are rather dismissive about it. They kind of have the same stance on my sexuality as well, but that's a different post. Anyways, does anyone else feel this way? And if so, how did your parents handle it? Also, how can I get my parents to take me more seriously on this topic?
    Thanks in advance!

2. CameronMR

Ive got kids, I always wanted kids. you don't have to have kids. Ive got enough for the both of us.lol

seriously though, many people don't want kids, and that is perfectly alright. It's your body, your choice, and never vote conservative. Some people will be condescending to you regarding that choice but it is not their choice to make.

3. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    My parents and their friends always talk about what I'll be like when I'm married, I'm not fully out yet so I don't tell them that I won't be marrying a man. What usually comes up is kids and I personally want to adopt kids and they always argue that I just don't know what I want because I'm still young.

I think they'll start to take you more seriously about kids when you get older. Also I think eventually they'll warm up to you being who you are.