1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I knew I was straight until two days ago...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Val99, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Val99

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My boyfriend and I had sex the other day. And I dont understand why, but the moment his genitals got near my face, I gagged. After that, he finished and i nearly puked. I had to wash everything down with a huge glass of juice. ive done it before. I have feelings for him. I don't understand. I'm trying to figure it out.

2. HeartAmelia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Dear Val,
    I can't say I've been in this situation before, but I'm going to try to help you as much as possible. You said you gagged and almost threw up when you saw his genitals. This doesn't necessarily mean you're gay, although if the thought of sex with the opposite gender appalls you, that might be the case. Finding your sexual orientation is hard, but it's not something you can repress either.
    One more thing: don't stress about your sexuality. They can change just like any aspect of you can. There's nothing wrong with that.
    Hope I helped xx

3. jasonpaul

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There are a lot of different reasons that sex can seem repulsive, only one of which is being gay. There are a lot of different issues that can contribute to those kinds of feelings. I'm bisexual, and there are times when sex with a man has seemed revolting, and other times when sex with a woman has seemed unappealing. If you're wrestling with stuff on the inside/confused, that can manifest itself in some pretty complicated and sometimes contradictory ways.

I definitely don't think you should write yourself off as "gay" just because of that one experience, ESPECIALLY if you were so confident in your heterosexuality until just two days ago. Give it some time, become more comfortable with yourself, sex, and the idea of you having sex, and it'll all make sense in time. :slight_smile: