1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I doing something wrong?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by CodeForLife, Sep 7, 2015.

1. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm generally pretty friendly and inquisitive to new people that I meet. This goes with meeting in person as well as meeting online. I recently joined an online dating site. I have gotten a few inquiries from folks who I don't think I would see as a partner, but I have replied just to make conversation.

Is it wrong to make conversation with folks when you are not interested in them in that way? I don't want to lead someone on, but I don't want to be rude and just ignore them.

What am I supposed to do in these types of situations?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks! (*hug*)

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know some of the dating sites and stuff have places where others would put what they're looking for and for you to do the same. I would think that as long as you are honest in your intentions, that is what is most important. I've checked out some of those apps and stuff and feel the same way that nobody really catches my eye.

3. HeartAmelia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Hi CodeForLife,
    There is nothing wrong with having conversations with people you meet online, regardless of where you meet them. As long as you're not promising them a relationship and they understand that you're not interested, I see nothing wrong with being friends. You don't have to write "I'm not into you" or anything, but if they ask you out or something I'd recommend you make it clear that you're not interested.
    Hope I helped a bit xx

4. CodeForLife

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks angeluscrzy and HeartAmelia. :slight_smile:

HeartAmelia, this is the way I was leaning, but just wanted to make sure someone else agreed. I will be sure to mention that if I think they think it is going down a different path.