1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with straight guys

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by crazydog15, Sep 7, 2015.

1. crazydog15

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm trying to figure out the best way to deal with straight guys when I'm attracted to them. It happens all the time: I see a cute straight guy, and I want to pursue him. Even though it's not going to happen. I want to fantasize about him. Even though it's not going to happen.

Is the best approach to just look, but that's it? I don't want to lie to myself by thinking I could "make" him available. I feel like doing that would just hurt me even more. :confused:

2. jasonpaul

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think you should your best to not even stare. Not worth it; they're not interested! No one likes a creep....

3. starbucksshoote

Having fallen completely and desperately in love with a straight guy, getting over him was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do.

Since then, I've pretty well just decided to never even imagine the possibility of it happening with a straight guy. Yes, you hear/read about instances where supposedly straight guys one day just fall for their gay friends. But I think that in the vast majority of cases, this is almost always wishful thinking. Even if one night you're together, you get drunk, and then fool around, in the clear light of day the guy will likely be guilty/ashamed/angry/shocked/horrified to recall what happened, and he'll likely either never want to see you again or respond with anger.

You really deserve someone who's going to like you back - a much better goal than pining after guys who, by nature, will never feel that way about you and you do about them.