1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dating question?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by 3n, Sep 7, 2015.

1. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    so im hoping on being openly gay soon (half year-2 years), how do i go about finding a boyfriend? I know there's apps for gay guys but i'd rather actually meet a person, and not someone on the internet who may not be who they say they are (if you get what I'm saying)

2. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're 14 so you're too young to be using apps or dating sites. Please, if you ignore the rest of my post, heed my warning and stay off of them.

My advice is to try and meet other gay teens. If nothing else you'll make some new like-minded friends, and maybe you'll end up dating one of them. If your school has a gay-straight alliance or similar club, that would be a good place to start. If you're in/near a bigger city and can arrange transportation, there may be youth groups or community centers for LGBT teens. If there are other openly LGBT people your age who you know, talk to them and see who they know and where they hang out. Meeting friends-of-friends can work too.

But whatever you do, stay off apps and dating sites until you're 18.

3. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i said i wasnt going to do dating apps or anything XD

4. Andrew193012

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey there. I just came out to my family and friends 1 year ago. I feel better now. We're both looking for a partner. I think I can find one as soon as school starts next monday. So here's what I can say. If you have a lot of friends, pick the ones you're closest to. Slowly give them clues and ideas about you and take a look of how they react. If they are positively suspecting about your sexuality, tell them... (&&&) Maybe they know other gay teens like us. :thumbsup:
    When you made friends to a couple of gay teens, you may like one of them, and kindly ask him out. The rest will be up to you. Good luck to both of us... :smilewave (*hug*)

P.S I want to add you as a friend here in EC. We can talk about your situation if you like :icon_bigg