1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got Ignored This Whole Long Weekend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by A Person, Sep 7, 2015.

1. A Person

So the day before we got out for school for the long weekend, I talked to some friends to see if they would be free at all. I was told one was working most of the time, the other was "unsure but probably busy" and they both told me none of our friends had any real plans for the time being.

Later that night, I see both of them with my other friends all together on Snapchat. And the next day, the same thing. And the next day. And the next.

All I could keep wondering this entire weekend was "Did I do something?" or "What about me made them hate me?". I don't even know if they do, but my anxiety did a huge number on me, and I was riddled with terrible thoughts, some of which don't even relate to this. When something like this happens, it just sets me off on a terrible feeling forever. I started hating my body intensely (which I already do but I had managed to block it out for a while), and I started to feel even my online friends or other friends from out of school might hate me too, and it didn't help that no one else really talked to me either...

Is it just poor communication or is this a sign of something? It should be noted this has happened before, but also I have been with them many times too. So I'm really confused and just freaking out.

Thank you

2. gasian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I know the feeling dude. But since I didn't get most social media platforms until senior year of high school, I wasn't subject to that experience. There are two scenarios I see here:

A) Your friends forgot about you. As much as you and I might want to believe that the world revolves around us, it doesn't, and people forget us on occasion. I got so used to it by senior year that I referred to myself as a ghost, because people would often forget I was there. On the other hand, my friend who was super popular and always had a crowd around him, was a magnet. Tell me, are your friends magnets as well? Because if you're a ghost surrounded by magnets, then you'll be forgotten many times, and it's not really your friends fault. Additionally, it may have been something that your friends thought you wouldn't be interested in so didn't bother because they thought you'd say no.

B) Your friends deliberately "forgot". This is inexcusable. If they did it to be malicious, drop'em like hot potatos, as much as you don't want to. Has the same thing happened to you multiple times, where you've asked people their plans for the weekend, etc.? Honestly, I'm thinking this is the more viable option, since they lied to your face about not having plans and "working".

If you ask them tomorrow, and they say they're sorry but they're obviously faking it...well that's self explanatory. Maybe just talk to them? Even if it ends up with them burning you bad, at least you won't get burned by them anymore.

As for the self hate, I don't hate you. So if you ever feel that everybody in the world hates you, know that I don't.

3. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Wait, what? Your body? Eh?

Anyway, did you have a good relationship with them before this? (And by good I mean that they actually gave a shit about you.)

4. A Person

Thanks guys....and Phioo yeah I know how that tangent was kinda confusing to read.

I will say that is has happened before, but not when I've asked before. That part was a first. Other times they just forgot/never got around to asking which I understand more. I would say yes they did give a shit about me.