1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting over a crush

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Galenkenobi, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Galenkenobi

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    So, there's this really cute guy that goes to my school, and ive had a crush on him since my freshman year (im a junior in high school). I've liked him not only for the way the way that he looks, but because i felt like he was perfect. Im a christain (gay christain, almost an oxymoron), and so is he. He was always so kind to me, even when i was stupid and came out to him. Even though he told me he wasnt gay, ive always held on to this hope that maybe he was. Anyway, i placed him on this pedistul and no one could match it. Ive got this thing about athletes, i hate them cus i like them. Im just negative towards them, no offense to any athletes. Anyway, he just seemed different. But the other day i found out he got a girl pregnant. It seems minor, and i know its none of my buisness... but i feel like a part of me was torn away... i feel like the pedistul i had him on came crumbleing down, and now theres a void. Has this happened to anyone else? does anyone have any advice?

2. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    AH! He got her pregnant...! Ahhhhh, his life is over. i mean, what a freaking dumbass amirite

*Ahem* So yeah, it's going to hurt a bit for some time but you'll get over it fast.
    But it will be even faster to find someone else you'll like so, good luck.

3. Andrew193012

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Finding out that your crush made a girl pregnant hurts, right? I wish you're okay... Just try to notice other guys around you'll find someone better and maybe that guy will love you too. I just finally got over a crush on a straight friend too. Anyway, good luck for us... :smilewave (*hug*)

4. Rainbows~Exist

Trust me: you'll get over it.

5. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I remember having similar feelings when I was in high school, and my crush was one of those cute/nice guys that seemed to get along with everyone. It was kind of surprising to learn years later to find him with a drunk driving mugshot...

This is just part of the learning process. Most crushes are often not "real"; they are idealized versions of real people. Like a statue on a pedestal, they are often not close enough to see the imperfections, and sometimes you only find out later about their problems. While getting a girl pregnant is a very serious mistake, you shouldn't let that take away from how he treated you. He may not be gay, but it just shows that even straight guys can be nice. Eventually, you learn that it's important to view people as they are: warts and all. The trick is to find someone who has more of the good and less of the bad.

In any case, you have to at least start with guys who are gay/bi. It does no good to maintain a crush over straight people (and you'll find many threads on that subject here). I know it took me until college to finally give up my h.s. crush.

6. IG88

I definitely agree. I had looked up to my dad for all of my life - he was nice, Christian, hard-working. And now I've learned the truth about him and the truth hurts. Now he's nothing to me. So yes, putting people on pedestals is a bad idea because NOBODY is perfect.

Yeah, that would be really weird if one of my good guy Christian friends got a girl pregnant. It would definitely break my perfect image of them. But, they're guys, and like girls, and aren't always setting up proper "road blocks" to make sure that doesn't happen, so things happen.

7. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
  8. Manicpanicx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, that's life. Sh*t happens and we're forced to get over it. Give yourself some time to mope and brood but I promise you it'll hurt less in time. Meanwhile, don't stop yourself from going out and meeting other guys, preferably gay and who you actually have a shot with lol.

#8 Manicpanicx, Sep 10, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2015