1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are LGBT relationships inherently more dramatic than Straight relationships?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by OnTheHighway, Sep 10, 2015.

1. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I think back to all of the gay relationships I have had through life and compare it to the straight relationships I have had (by way of refresher/background, I had various gay relationships when I was younger along with straight relationships, sandwich in-between 19 years of a straight relationship, and then gay relationships since having came out), and as I reflect on my gay relationships, they always seemed to have significantly more passion and drama associated with them in comparison to my straight ones.

i am trying to think through why this is. Is this something others have experienced, or is it because I tend to be a rather passionate person in general and my straight relationships just simply lacked passion because I was gay?

Curious if others have any thoughts on this?

2. Manicpanicx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Most gay relationships are significantly more dramatic than straight ones. I'm not sure why but they just are. It can be a good thing or a bad thing, although, as I've observed in many of my friends' relationships (and mine tbh), it's been bad.