1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suffering from loneliness

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Linus, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well. There's been a lot of romantic drama in my life as of late. I've had this one crush for over a year now, even though they're dating someone else.

We tried having a relationship before, but then things got unstable, and we both crashed. After a few weeks apart, we became friends again. "Just friends". I can't deny my feelings though. (believe me, I've already tried.) I've tried looking for other people too. And while there are other people I like, I can't avoid the fact that I'm already head over heels in love.

Then I ask a girl on a date. Partly to try the dating scenario, and partly to try and get over my crush, you know, try new things. Mostly because I'm lonely. The girl I asked is really more of a friend, and we don't have much chemistry... yet, but I wanted to give it a shot, as something casual. She understood that. When I tell my BFF/crush about my planned date, however, he gets jealous. He says that he really really likes me and that he's gonna try to break things off with his current date. I don't want to cause drama, I just want things to be definite. Either like or no like. I also don't want him to break up with his partner because of me. I'm also sort of friends with his partner, and I don't want her to get hurt either. Well guess what? Got my wish. the next day he told me that he wasn't breaking up, and that I would just have to wait until after high school. No, actually, after collage, because we'll probably be miles apart in our collage years anyways. Plus he'll meet new people. Who knows? Maybe I will too.

I'm tired of waiting though. I'm fairly certain by this point that I'm not going to fall for anyone else in my high school. All my friends are dating though, and I hate feeling alone; feeling the odd one out. My BFF/crush is really my only close friend, who truly understands me.

I want someone to love me, and I want to love them back. Unfortunately, Most people who like me are guys who don't know or understand my true rainbow colors. And several of them are either A.Weird, or B. Jerks. I'm okay with weird, but... none of them hit it off right with me.

And now, things are awkward with my BFF, so I don't really have anyone to turn to. I have many acquaintances/friends, but they don't entirely understand me. Good friendships take time. Lots of time.

Right now, I feel alone. Completely. Alone. What should I do?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry, it sounds like your BFF is jerking you around. He's seeing someone else but gets jealous if you're going to. Tells you he'll break up with his partner and then changes his mind. It sounds like he's also promising you "Someday." This isn't okay. This way he gets to have you but only on his terms.

I know you said you weren't really interested in her but what about the girl you were going on a date with? If nothing else, it sounds like the two of you could become better friends.