1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need Advice PLEASE

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Sharpasaurus, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Sharpasaurus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So im in a situation. About 5 or 6 years ago i had my first Actual love. We dated for about a year and a half and she graduated and moved and i was still stuck in school. I adored her. We went through a lot together. Anyways, we broke up, she had a kid, and its been 4 years since we have seen or talked to each other except the time i asked if she ever even loved me and she said "no". So i became available about 2 months ago and some how we have started texting again. Keep in mind she is "straight" now and is suppose to be getting married in october. We have hit it off just like we did when we first became friends. Well recently she asked me to come over because her fiance is gone for a week. So i did. We watched scary movies and caught up with each other and i met her son. Nothing happened, just a enjoyable night. Well then the next day she ask me to come over again. So i did, and i got a little drunk and we talked about the past a lot more. She apologized for saying that she never loved me and that it was a lie. But then she didnt want to talk about it. I respected that. And at one point i think she was motioning me to hold her hand but i may have misread that. And some other conversations took place. So anyway. Nothing happened again. But she text me both days saying how much fun she had and how she missed me and that her son keeps wanting to see me. and sending me pictures of him and videos etc. Well what im getting to here is am i misreading this whole situation?? Does she still have somewhat feelings towards me? What do i do? Do i try an flirt and see what it gets me? She's getting married. But i know something is there. Im so confused and lost on what to do. PLEASE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE LOL

2. caiteee

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Definitely don't think flirting is a good idea because like you said she's getting married and that is never going to end well and could potentially hurt a lot of people. Personally I would just ask her. Be straight up! Sort things out in the open because otherwise things always get messy and people tend to get hurt.

3. mallix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think if this is someone you want to have in your life, enjoy the moments you have with her. Keep in mind that she is getting married so flirting and reading into things is a bad idea.
    Think of it as old friend reconnecting and realizing how much fun you two have together. It doesn't need to be any more than that.

4. Sharpasaurus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I knew flirting was not a good idea so i didnt pursue that. But i guess now is whether i can handle being just friends with her or not. I want to be apart of her and her son's life. But i dont want to end up getting those feelinhs back and then me just getting heartbroken in the end or waiting said years if she ever even gets divorced. I hate letting something go i know that makes me happy. I would have been better off if she would have just never texted me and asked me to hang out lol.

5. Sky82

Being friends and hangout can work but you have to think how you're going to feel knowing that's all its going to be. If she is getting married and is claiming to be straigh, it is only going to end in heartache if you fall for her again.
    My best friend just got married last week and is straigh, I've been in love with her for 20 years, and its bloody hard to watch her be with he huaband, if you think you're going to be fine with that then try the friends option. If I were you, i'd talk to her, tell her what you're thinking and feeling, You never know she might be feeling the same.

6. Sharpasaurus

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Thanks that was good advice! She just texted me
    Again saying "Come over tonight!" So. Maybe i should have a talk with ber? Or just leave it alone.

7. Sky82

Talk to her, things like this need to be sort or you end up living in the what if world.