1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To pursue or not?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by OfTheKokiri, Sep 11, 2015.

1. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So,

The first week of school is over and I'm in new field/program, so lots of new faces. Anyway, when I first met this guy in my program my gaydar went off. Now I know, don't base on stereotypes. But being a guy who was looking for lgbtq company/friends I immediately felt drawn to him.

We seem to get along and I start noticing that he is kind of cute (okay so I may have noticed this before). Before, I only have had minor crushes on other people and never felt anything 'real' or knew that it couldn't/wouldn't be reciprocated.

Now my brain is saying, this could be my chance! But part of me is just wondering if I'm falling for this guy for the right reasons? Sure I have had feelings of loneliness that would be nice to end and maybe it is just the fact that I might have found a lgbtq friend. But, recently I noticed him do something really selfless and in my books that really resonated with me and I feel this crush/feelings growing stronger.

I can honestly say I have never felt this way before and it is both giddy/exciting, but also making me nervous. With my present issues of anxiety I don't know if I can handle a relationship, while balancing with school work. Part of me thinks this could be a good thing and might be real feelings of love. Now, I have no idea if he is into guys or if so had similar feelings for me.

So I don't know how I want to proceed or if I want to...

Sorry for the rambling post, but I just needed to write me feelings down. Any advice is appreciated.

2. CameOutSwinging

Have you guys connected as friends? I'd start there. Hang out, see how you guys get along. If it goes well and it feels like there's potential for something more, awesome.

Honestly, I've never been good at being just friends with guys. When I find out a guy is gay or bi, a lot of times I just wonder how we could get together, haha. It's confusing. Like, the guy who was my FWB for a bit but now just wants to be friends. We're like best friends at this point. In my head, it's like but given how much we have in common and how much fun we have together, shouldn't this all be a case for why we should be a couple? Why we'd be great together? But it's not that simple. He has very valid reasons for not wanting that (our age difference, his fear of commitment and wanting us to remain best friends for a long time versus having a potentially short relationship and never speaking again, among other things). I'm trying the just friends thing, but it's tough when you're attracted to the person.