1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girls like me, and I play along...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by warthog, Sep 11, 2015.

1. warthog

hello,

In the midst of my suffering, I find that I attract some females of my species. most are really nice and cute, and you can almost see the adoration in their eyes, and it breaks my own heart. I play along, not as in get in a relationship or anything, but I act nice and pay attention etc... just as a thank you for your attention. well, there's this one girl which I actually sort of planned a trip with. we are both adults and I truly hope she is mature enough not to have any expectations. I am not out to anyone, because basically I have no idea wtf I am. all I know, is that i'm in agony over a guy, and that i don't like sex whatsoever.
    I wonder, should I just shun these girls like I usually do ? I just feel it's rude somehow, and I can't very well say i'm gay or asexual or just in love with the only person who hates my guts.
    I just wish i was "normal" , then i'd be super ok.
    meh

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If the only thing you want with them is a friendship, it's okay to just pursue that. You don't have to explain why you don't want more if that ends up being something they're looking for. Just say something like "I'm not looking for a relationship right now" and if they press for why you can add "I want to focus on figuring out who I am."

If you don't want any kind of relationship with them--even just friendly--it might be best to just be upfront about that.

3. Linus

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Make sure she knows that you want to be her friend, nothing more. You don't have to come out to her, and I'm not advising that, because I don't know the situation, but if you do, it could confirm your friendship. If she continues to pursue, then don't be friends.

4. Willa

Always be honest, even if all you're willing to say is that you're not interested in being in a relationship, or that you're still trying to figure yourself out. Playing with women's emotions serves no one but asshole straight men.

5. warthog

hey gals,

Thanks for the feedback above. I really do hope that they understand when I say something like i'm not interested. I think the problem with modern society is that everyone is expecting something. too many romantic comedies I guess.
    I'm not like that at all and I just feel pressured sometimes for no reason at all.
    I don't even know if I want to know anyone of any gender at the moment.