1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Girl crazy for me and I'm closeted and gay??

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AnonymousHipstr, Sep 12, 2015.

1. AnonymousHipstr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I seriously don't know what to do. There is this girl who's a Junior in highschool (I'm a Sophomore,) and she really likes me, and makes it really apparent. She always tells me how much she wants to date me and how she thinks we'd make a cute couple, and I really don't know how to respond. People are already starting to think I'm gay, and I feel like if I reject one of the prettiest girls at school (because she is really pretty, and on varsity cheer, etc etc) then everyone will really think I'm gay, which isn't something I want because even though I'm almost at a point in my life where I'm comfortable to come out, I'm not there yet, and I want people to know I'm gay when I'm ready.

Anyways, do you guys know how I can stop her advances without hurting her feelings (because I don't want to do that either :/ ) and not coming off as a jerk?

2. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't encourage lying, but my parents did not allow me to date before a certain age, most kids I grew up around had the same restrictions perhaps you could use such restrictions to explain why you cannot date her?

3. Gamer4now

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is she trust worthy? If so you could tell her privately and have her play it off to where she doesn't like you anymore.

4. Serperior

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    lolno if you don't want people to know don't tell anyone

@OP Tell her you have a gf

5. sierpinski

I don't think you need do come out as gay in order to tell the truth. Fact is, you are not attracted to her, tell her that. Tell her you think she's pretty and attractive (insert other compliments here) but you simply don't have feelings for her, and don't want to go out with a person you don't have feelings for. (This is just an example of course, but you get what I mean)
    Whether she'll feel hurt or not depends on how you tell her. But I definitely would not lie to her saying you have a girlfriend, that usually just gets you in a mess.