1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to get over someone you never had?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by lithium45, Sep 12, 2015.

1. lithium45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi everyone,

Well I have liked a guy for nearly 3 years now who has absolutely no interest in me what so ever. We are in the same group of friends but never really talk. Every now and again their may be a few hints of attraction but most likely me lying to myself lol
    I have constantly tried and tried to get over it but NOTHING every seems to work and I am desperate as it is tearing me apart. As soon as I try to move on, just seeing them makes me feel the same way again (sad isn't it lol)

If anyone has any suggestions on how you did it or how i can, please tell me ahah thanks :slight_smile:

2. DangerousDan

DangerousDan Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This somewhat reminds me of my first crush in secondary school. He was one of my friends at the time and ofc he turned out to be straight. I spent forever trying to get over him but nothing really worked.

In the end I failed one of the years at that school and had to get a transfer to a CofE school close by that accepted me despite failing the year. Well with a lot of time apart due to being at a new school I thought about my crush less and less until I finally got over him. Just for the exact same thing to happen all over again at this new school...

Actually I seem to have this rather nasty habit of falling for straight guys, although that is probably because I haven't really gone out of my way to try and meet other gay people on account of me being buried under a pile of dirty clothes at the back of my closet.

So to answer your question, I suppose the way that I got over it was with a lot of time apart from him focussing on other things. Hopefully somebody has a better suggestion that doesn't involve avoiding your friends like the plague, that kinda sucks.

3. PennyMonkey96

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been there :frowning2:,what I did was keep my distance. I occupy my mind with other things and try not to think about him. Takes a while but you will move on eventually. Also talk to other people, I get that feeling you're feeling about it tearing you apart so I hope this helped little and I hope that you over come this :slight_smile:

4. lithium45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thank you both so much for your answers :slight_smile:))
    I will take your ideas into consideration and try to finally move on ahaha

Take care :slight_smile:

5. Asterac22

I been in this position as well only problem i faced was he was gay as well and we both actually fancied each other but i wasn't ready to come out of the closet so passed the opportunity... distance and time apart really is the best way to overcome a crush and hopefully when you do get out there and meet other people will not even affect you anymore :slight_smile:

6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I know how you feel. Been there, it wasn't easy.

If you want to get over someone, I think really the best thing to do is occupy yourself with other things/interests in your life. Try not to look him up too much on social media or go out of your way to see him. You can still hang out and stuff in a group of friends but if you know nothing is going to happen and you truly want to get over him then just try and treat him as you would any other friend and keep reminding yourself of that. I know sometimes people say the only way to move on is to move on and find someone else but I know for one that that can't usually be forced. Good luck. Sometimes it just needs time.