1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to start over

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by meganj, Sep 13, 2015.

1. meganj

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I recently joined EC, so...I hope I'm doing this right, but I feel like I need other LGBT+ friends. I don't know why it feels so wrong saying this, but all my other friends are pretty heteronormative.
    Anyways, with them, I'm excluded from a majority of things like shopping and going out to lunch, and I just feel like I have nothing in common with them at all. They make gay jokes and after every hug they have the need to say, "NO HOMO!" I'm not even out of the closet.
    I want to find other friends, but my school only has some 60 people.
    I want to start over. I want to start off a clean slate. I don't want to have to come out to anyone, I just want them to KNOW I'm gay, and love and accept me for it. And I KNOW that even in 2015, that's too much to ask for. But I can't help it. :eusa_doh:

2. Connorcode

Connorcode Guest

The best way to start your new bit of life is to find something new that you want to do. Do you want to fish, go pier jumping, watch films, volunteer, join an LGBT+ group, a scout group, any kind of group, read, write? Then find out how you can get involved with doing these things with others. Then you'll meet new people, who'll be cool with you, and know you for the new you.
    You don't have to leave friends behind, just push yourself towards who you want to be and see who you meet along the way.
    Good luck and best wishes