1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My crush texted me "I love you"

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Artsy, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Artsy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've had a crush on this kid since freshman year. We have never been really close friends, but when we talk to each other every now and then, we're both really smiley and stuff. Anyways, we had to read this book for summer reading and we're getting tested on it tomorrow. It is for religion class so most people didn't read it, as the religion books are usually not that interesting. Around 6 oclock he texted me if I had a study guide, and I said I didn't. He always seems to text me every now and then asking about homework and stuff, even though we're not really that close. After that though, me and a few friends read sections of the book and each did part of a study guide, and then combined all the parts together. After we finished the guide, I texted my crush asking if he still needed one, since I then had a study guide I could send him. He was really, really happy and gave me his email and stuff. After I texted him "sent.", he literally texted me, "I love you"

Unsure of what he meant by the text I just awkwardly replied "thx m8". We then talked a tiny bit more about the study guide but that was it. I am really confused! He is definitely not "flaming" in any way, so it's hard to tell if he meant the text in a sexual way or not. Does he mean "bro ur awesome man I love you" or "i'm into you"?? I'm not out to anyone in my school. I'm not very flamboyant either, as most people don't assume I'm gay. He's pretty athletic and attractive, and tall too, and does not come off as flamboyant either. I've pictured him as way out of my league, as I'm fairly short, and not athletic at all (just kinda slender).

I know it's impossible for someone on this forum to know for fact what he meant by the text, but I'd really like some interpretations/opinions/advice...

2. Mero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From what I see it could be a hint or just pure heterosexual bromance, but that depends on his character. What is he like? Is he a usually serious person or is he a really easy-going guy? I'd like to say get to know him better, become better friends. Because even if he is into you, for romance to work you usually need to know each other better.
    Don't jump to conclusions, as assumptions are really really hazardous.