1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Telling friend you like her

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by outgirl, Sep 14, 2015.

1. outgirl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have been having feelings for my same sex friend, I was so scared to tell her as I thought it would be the end of our friendship. However I found the courage to finally tell her, and she didn't even freak out or anything. I was a bit shocked as she didn't say anything at all. All she said was "I'm not into girls though"

I mean if my friend said she liked me and I was straight, I would probably freak out, but she didn't. Do you think she likes me in that way, or is just a very good friend at accepting that I like her

2. Sek

Sek

Well done on having the courage to tell your friend. That's a brave thing to do. Her reaction unfortunately should just be taken at face value. If she said she's not into girls, it means she's not going to date you. Whether she's telling the truth about her sexuality is actually irrelevant because the underlying message is still "I don't want to date you".

If she can still be your friend and you're okay with that, then go ahead. If you're uneasy with the situation, perhaps keep some distance for a while. Follow your gut instinct.

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Sek, unfortunately when someone tell you they are straight/gay/bi, you just have to take it as they say even if you think they may be lying.

It's amazing you have such a supportive friend and I would focus on that for now even if it's hard. Congratulations to you for coming out to your friend and confessing your feelings, it's incredibly hard to do so that's wonderful you had the guts. Sorry it didn't work out the way you had hoped but it's great she reacted so positively. :slight_smile: