1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crushing. Help.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by choirsmash, Sep 14, 2015.

1. choirsmash

So I've been at college a month. My roommate is eh. We don't really talk and she's beginning to kinda piss me off. She doesn't lock the door, like ever. A random guy walked into the room last night (I had been in bed trying to sleep and she had come in a few minutes earlier, so I can only assume she left the door unlocked). Anyway, I've been in touch with my RA. The RA is the "problem" here. I seem to have developed a bit of a crush on her. She also happens to be a lesbian. The fact that there's actually a chance is so much different and, in a way, harder. She's only 2 years older than I am, so I'll see her around campus more than just this year. I don't really know how to deal with this haha
    Any advice is appreciated. Please help

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my experience, while they may not always be followed in practice, schools have policies about RAs not getting involved with residents. My best advice is to pursue a friendship first and focus on enjoying college for now.

3. choirsmash

Yeah, that's why it's such a struggle. If she wasn't my RA it wouldn't be as hard...