1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How did you guys get over that one crush that never worked out?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Manicpanicx, Sep 14, 2015.

1. Manicpanicx

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have real strong feelings for this girl and I've had them for awhile. About 10 months now. It's never gonna work out though because, first of all, she's back in Florida and I live in California. And second of all, she's straight. I just need to know how to get over her. Distance doesn't seem to be helping considering she's on the other side of the country and I still think about her loads.

2. Sek

Sek

It's important to take the time to mourn the loss of your potential relationship but also remember that you are going to get over it.

I find getting over anything starts with getting it out of your mind. Indulging in thoughts about it for me is akin to teasing a hungry animal with food you won't give them -- it's cruel. You can't control when she will pop into your mind but you most definitely can choose to put your attention elsewhere and leave those thoughts behind.

The absolute best advice I can give you for getting over a breakup is to engage your mind in new activities. Visit new places and try new things, but most importantly meet new people. It's going to increase your confidence and boost your self esteem, as well as help you remember that although this crush didn't go anywhere you will still meet people you connect with in the same way.

I hope it all works out well for you.

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand. I liked someone for a long time but nothing happened between us and I know nothing will. I still think about her sometimes and sometimes my feelings sort of return again, but it's important to understand when something won't happen and move on. Distract yourself with other things in your life- interests, hobbies, go out with friends. Know that you will find someone for you down the line and she will find someone for her too. You're allowed to sometimes think about it of course, but don't dwell for too long because of course- it won't change anything. Treasure the time you had with her but know it's for the best to let it go. You will meet someone new in due time. Good luck and hope it goes well.

4. mallix

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    you need to distract yourself and keep busy. Time will help you heal and get over your crush. Everyone is different, and it takes a different amount of time for everyone to get over what they need to get over.

5. Nero360

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't try to put all your focus on one thing. Split it evenly with other worthy events. My crush used to go to my school 2 months ago. I got over it by taking time on things i love 2 do. Eventually i got over it. I'm sure you can do it too!