1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know someone's not straight? (Attention to Bisexual, Lesbian, etc)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ScaryClosets, Sep 14, 2015.

1. ScaryClosets

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    what I mean by this is how do you know if someone is interested in you?

I like this girl, but I haven't really talked to her yet. She is gorgeous! Anyway, if I were to get to know her and start to develop bigger feelings for her, how would I know to like keep going forward with the plan? How do you know if she was interested?

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Bai <3​

2. Sek

Sek

Well, you can start by getting to know her. She could in fact be a lesbian or bisexual and could return your feelings. It does help knowing their sexuality before you pursue a relationship to avoid hurt feelings, and if you can find a way to bring it up in an early conversation that would be advantageous.

You have to follow your gut instinct with these things but also have courage. If you don't ask her the right questions or make your interest obvious then you will get stuck not knowing how she feels and spend a lot of time in your head overanalysing.

I am a big fan of the direct approach and I find that not hiding behind fear works out best. It can be scary to admit your feelings and put yourself in a vulnerable position like that, but if you find out she doesn't reciprocate your feelings then you can stop wasting each other's time and move on.

Good luck in your romantic endeavour. :thumbsup: