1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So many slurs

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Kiychii, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Kiychii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So, today was strange. But, I guess it would be, since I was called slurs by one of my friends. It might have been a joke? I'm not sure, she said it with a straight face, so I'm really not quite sure. And, pretty much throughout the day?

Now that I think about it, I think I remember saying similar things in the past? I'm just not quite sure what to think about it. Should I tell her to stop? Or, would that somehow 'out' me - or maybe she just means no harm, and is just going to be like, "Wow. Really? It was just a joke - relax."

I just don't really know what to do, if I should leave this alone or not? Um... yeah.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even if a joke, it clearly didn't have the intended effect. It's up to you whether you want to talk to her about it for now, but if you choose to - or if she keeps doing it and it becomes clear that you need to - you have every right to tell her that LGBT slurs are not cool around you. :slight_smile: