1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shy or uninterested?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Andstillimhere7, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Andstillimhere7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    So there is this guy I really like and I don't know if he's shy or uninterested. He ignores me most of the time. He doesn't make eye contact. He gives me short answers to questions. Like "yes" or "no". He doesn't respond to most of thing I do. This is hurting my self-esteem and I don't want to make that assumption that he's uninterested. I asked him on a date and he said yes. But he is busy and doesn't have time. The date is happening I just don't know when.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ask him when or at least how long it will take him to decide. If it's not reasonable, then maybe it's best to call it off. It doesn't really matter if he's shy or uninterested. Even busy people can make time for something special like a date, and if they can't, they shouldn't be accepting requests. Yes, it hurts to have someone flake out, but you did what you could and you might have to move on (and maybe limit contact so you aren't constantly reminded of him).