1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Struggling with loneliness

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by thehiddenvalley, Sep 17, 2015.

1. thehiddenvalley

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi everyone. I recently came out as bi to my pastor, consoler and they were accepting of my sexuality. Though my parents are homophobic so I haven't told them. I am also just starting university and I have a crush on one of my female classmates but, I'm doing my best to get over it because she is straight. I just think she is so pretty. The moment I saw her at my orientation for classes over summer, I was head over heels. Lately I'm struggling with making friends. I did join a gsa club on campus but, I feel alone still. I felt awkward being there because I have anxiety issues.

I would love to do more on campus, but I work and commute to classes. I am an only child and my parents don't really care about my educational things. I have to navigate a brand new campus with barely any family support. Over the years I've had women flirt with me and even ask me out, but I've been so fearful of being myself after hiding the truth for so long that I just never acted on it. I've also checked out other females around me and wondered how it would be like to be with them as a partner.

I've caught my myself having lingering eyes on people that I find attractive who are female. It's harder to fight the feelings as I get older. I used to get made fun of in elementary education and high school for being into females. So much teasing that I would cry in front of teachers. Though, I've learned to be more comfortable in my skin as I grow.

I haven't really talked to many in my classes because they just start lecture the moment the professor walks in. How do I not feel so lonely after being able to accept myself as bisexual? And how do I find like minded people in real life that I can just let go and feel free and possibly find a little romance?

Thanks for reading.

2. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i am sure there are many clubs you could join to meet people? maybe some hobbies or sports?
    Is there any LGBT groups at the uni? I am sure there are many other people in the same shoes as you, just need to find them.
    You say you work, but is this not another chance to meet people? what work do you do?

Good to hear you are happy with who you are and what you like :slight_smile:

3. thehiddenvalley

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I work with young women around my age. They are kind and friendly to me. I don't hang out with them outside of work because I'm going to uni full time and they all have kids or a SO they want to spend time with. I think I'll try harder to find more clubs to join on campus. I am in a lgbt alliance it's very small group for now. That's okay with me because I have anxiety. They are really nice to me. I'm going to try and come next week again. I am also meeting someone in multicultural affairs next week so I can deal with going though university by myself, without much family support. I'm a first gen student from a immigrant family. Thanks for your reply.