1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My gaydar says my close friend is gay

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by onlinelar, Sep 18, 2015.

1. onlinelar

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey guys,

My friend and I have been good friends since high school and I am 23 years old now. We live in a very conservative community where homosexuality is very VERY frowned upon. To make things worse, our circle of friends are not really open to homosexuality.

The feeling started off before I moved abroad about 5 years ago. I used to think that it was normal for him to be touchy (i.e grinding, stroking hands etc) on me. So, whenever we hang out he likes to grind his arms on me and touch my legs especially when I wear shorts. Haha.

Every summer break I would go back to my home country and of course, we hung out. Once he said that he preferred to hang out with me than with our other circle of friends. I didn't asked why I just took that as a compliment.

I was openly gay but whenever I came back home, I never really show my sexuality as I still care for my friends and family. Also, I have chosen to act straight for the rest of my life and to adhere what my family and friends expect of me.

Now, I have moved back home for good and both of us hang out almost everyday. I have learned a lot about my sexuality after 5 years living abroad and also how I perceive homosexuality as a whole. However, I am not sure if he is into me or he just needed that 'man's touch' as I am always cool of him touching me although I never really gave him any hints saying that I am gay.

He has a girlfriend now but I can see clearly that he is not being himself in front of her. So, I don't know if he wants to have a closeted relationship with me and I don't know how to confront these issues with him as he never really talk about it. I tried to talk about it but he always shuts it off and change topics. He is very shy yet a wonderful person once you get to know him.

Thank you for your time and please help me up!