1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to expect?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Rainbows~Exist, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Rainbows~Exist

I'm relatively new to the dating scene since I only came out last year and there seems to be no gay person within 20 miles of where I live so when I started talking to this lovely guy (Let's call him Will) on this infamous dating app (you know it) I was quite happy. Unlike all of the other people I've talked top he seems to uhh... stand out? I enjoy talking to him and he's real sweet and we're both keen to meet each other but I don't know what to expect. Here's why:

When we started snapchatting each other and video chatting I was like "Okay I know you're real and meeting you will be safe," but what we talk about on there makes me nervous to as what wioll it be like when/if we meet up? Most of the time the conversation ends with those cringy "Wish I was there with you," messages. Like I haven't met him but I already want to hug him and kiss him and all that :3 It's strange and new to me and I'm just worried about meeting him and not feeling this way/not having mutual feelings towards each other.

Guess I'm just asking what should I expect if we meet and can you really develop emotional feelings for someone online?

Thanks guys (*hug*)

2. TheSeeker

Honestly, that's how my last relationship started (on the same app). I met a guy who was just... different. We fell in love, acted like idiots, met each other's families... etc. It was lovely.

So yes, you can develop these feelings online. Be cautious, always, but be open to it. You may be pleasantly surprised. I was.