1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight 'Friend' Situation

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by michaeljx30, Sep 18, 2015.

1. michaeljx30

Hello! its been a while since i've posted on here! Looking for any advice, or opinion on someone i speak to!

Me & a straight guy matched eachother on t1nder, he was curious as to why i appeared on his, due to him being straight so he swiped right to ask me. We got talking and appeared to get on, suggested about getting to know each other better and he was fine with this as he was open to looking for new friends. he made it clear he was straight and he being into lads was fine with him.

So we exchanged numbers, talked for a week (solid) then he blocked me. I was left clueless for ages, untill my friend messaged him and asked him to sort it out. He explained that because of a friend reacting badly, he thought it was best to block me so he did. We talked about it, he apologized for how he acted, and so did i because i acted like a dick when he blocked me.

We've been speaking now every week for about 2/3 months, he's unblocked me on social networking shit such as 1nstagram and that and we know alot more about each other. i have asked before whether he considers us friends and he said yeah. However, i feel as though im more irritable than anything as i always have to start the conversation up because i feel that if we didn't, we probably wouldn't speak. I got drunk the one night and messaged him asking whether he thought we would ever meet? As he lives like 20 mins away from me, and he said 'oh, i dunno' (he is who he says he is btw, he aint a catfish)

i really dont see the issue if were considered friends? my friend said is he unsure of his sexuality, but i don't think he is tbf. Wouldn't bother me if he was because i don't look at him in that way! He's a nice guy, and yeah he's good looking but i haven't got into this wanting anything more with him, hes just a nice guy and he pretty much knows i like someone i work with. Problem is, i'm not down for just conversations over watsapp, its pretty much pointless as many people have pointed out to me.

Question is, do i give it more time? or is it better off to just stop talking now? i do think if we did meet, we would get on because we have alot of similar interests and i find him interesting?

2. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Personally, I don't think it's worth being friends with someone who doesn't sound that interested. It also sounds like there might be a "straight crush" going on here perhaps, even if you don't know it yet.

It's important to remember that people come across differently online than they do offline. There is a chance that you could not get along, if you were to meet.

3. michaeljx30

Thanks for the reply! :slight_smile:

Could i ask what makes it sound like a straight crush is going on? Honestly, first time round there probably was abit of crushing because as i said hes good looking, and he is nice however, second time round (after the blocking incident) and getting to know him more, i look at him as just a friend, i literally have 0% interest in wanting anything more with him than just friendship.

I dont know whether it's worth raising this whole thing with him, or just saying how i feel. When he said he dunno about us meeting, i did say why not see how things go? and he replied 'sure :slight_smile:' so?

4. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It sounds like a complicated situation, probably filled with fear and denial on his side and confusion on yours. He clearly was at least considering getting involved with men or he would not have been browsing men on that website. Then, he probably got cold feet due to nerves, or he might have simply changed his mind.

#4 Contact1111, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  5. michaeljx30

He was browsing for women, and mine came up by mistake! This happens a lot on this app, as i've experienced before! I believe he's straight! I just don't see what the issue with meeting would be? i work with someone who knows him and he's told me hes a really nice guy with a unique sense of humour!