1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young suicidal sister HELP?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by joshy the queen, Sep 19, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so.............i dunoo where else to throw my problems its my senior year and i really cant bear with my sister anymore,i cant always sit with her or hang out with her or role play or play video games i got other big stuff to do now,well i kinda want to be the best in my class this year,and my sister is kind of holding me off,wtf should i do,i mean i cant just let her sit alone and go mind my own business because of those reasons :
    1-she has got zero friends and she seems to have a hard time finding friends
    2-she is really depressed and anytime she is alone she crys and crys and start thinking badly about herself which means she also has a low self esteem
    3-she hates being alone and im her only friend
    4-she is pretty suicidal especially lately and she even thinks of ways to finish her self off and people too very violent id say for a 14 years old girl
    5-she really hates our family and the whole house we are living she finds religious traditions to be toxic while i found a way to live with them she becomes anxious because of them she tries to run away and she always tells me that she wished to run away so i cant really leave her.....
    never tell me anything about therapists last two i went to were just talking about religion and god and quran which is so not what my sister needs right now.....have enough of that at home these days
    now lets see why she is in this mood :
    1-she has been to many different schools and every single one is even worst she likes mixed school which is rare here and my dad forbids her because she is a girl which got her mad i asked my best friend for a good respectful private mixed school and at first my dad agreed but then his friend started to talk him out of it telling him that mixed schools are full of bad boys and girls who the least they could do is hook up with each other behind their parents backs the school was so good it has art programs and a very good special education which is worth paying for and the bus takes her from our home
    my sister couldn't take it that my dad got her in another private school that is not mixed not only that but the school he got her in is really religious and very small the same toxic environment she hates at home transferred to her school now she is out of her mind wanting to leave life ...

that's almost everything i love my sister and i want her to be good but she doesnt seem to want to anymore and i dunno what to do she is crying now in front of me not wanting to go to school tomorrow because she just hates it and she got no friends there and she feels like she doesn't belong anyway.....

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My suggestion to you is to talk with her, I don't t mean the normal small talk that siblings have. Have serious discussions about your lives and connect to get on a deeper level. See her as someone who is connected to you and help her find her path and happiness in life. Be there for her now and your bond will persist throughout your life, she will be there when you will need her and you will always have somone to turn to when you need support or to be comforted. Such a connection will also help you in school as it will make you mature faster and understand life better. By helping her you are helping yourself...

3. heyKittie

Yeah, have very serious discussion and let her know that you will be there fir her, and she can tell you anything. Try to get her to open up, And if really wants to commit suicide, you need to call a hot line or tell your parents and get her into some kind of rehab. Just make she she knows that you love her, And that living through thus tough time in her life is worth it. You could tell her to come on this website and I will be her friend even! :slight_smile: tell her that some random stranger on the internet named heyKittie loves her, And wants her to know it does get better. Hope she gets better.<3

4. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    she is already here but she told that she gave up because a month have passed and no notifications.......well she stopped coming here, I dont want to send her to other sites cause this seems the safest from internet creepers !!!

5. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am so sorry for what you and your sister have had to go through. You are really a great sibling for everything, and the care you give your sister. Don't feel guilty if you do feel stressed because of everything. Persons or loved ones who care for persons with chronic conditions including mental conditions often find themselves chronically stressed. With how they often have to walk on egg shells around the sick loved one.

By what you have narrated above I am sorry to say that the BEST thing to do is to have your sister brought to a competent and licensed Psychiatrist for evaluation. If indeed she is a highly suicidal person, she may warrant actual confinement in a hospital or institution where qualified health professionals can care for her and watch her. She would be put in suicide precaution while at the same time receiving whatever modalities of treatment the Psychiatrist has prescribed her.

As for now the BEST thing you can do is to actually institute Suicide Precautions as well at your home:
    (1) Lock of any medications you have at home.
    (2) Lock up any sharps (knives, box cutters) you have at home.
    (3) Lock up any firearms you have at home.
    (4) Lock up any household chemicals, antifreeze, cleaning products you have at home.
    (5) Do NOT allow her to lock her bedroom door. If it becomes worse you can remove the door knob or the door itself.
    (6) If indeed she locks herself up, continuously check up on her OR have the room keys ready just in case she fails to respond.
    (7) Accompany her when she shops. Look out for items which she can use to harm herself.
    (8) Watch out for warning signs or red flags. Some persons who would attempt suicide will say certain things or do certain actions. Such as--- saying good bye, telling you how much she loves you, thanks you for everything you've done for her, giving away some of her stuff including her favorite things, etc.

It is best if you talk to your parents and address this serious issue. Do they value their "morals" and ways more than the life of their daughter? Please help her seek the Psychiatric treatment she needs.

6. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do your parents know she is suicidal? From what you described, she needs adult intervention. And counseling/therapy/to go to a psychiatrist of some sort. And yes, be very careful and notice if she is self-harming. It's not only sharp objects, one could get hurt with anything- I struggle with self harm, and mostly use my nails. They leave pretty bad scars. It's not good. I don't know how your parents are, but I would suggest for you to tell them. If they somehow can't know, you could try to convince her to go to the school counsellor?

Ah, in sorry for what you're going through and what she is going through. Best of luck to the both of you..