1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to become friends with my crush?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by heyKittie, Sep 19, 2015.

1. heyKittie

There's a girl that has caught my interest at my school. I have seen her in the halls and cafeteria before, and for some reason she intrigued me a little. But I didn't pay much attention to it. But then I found out that she's a lesbian. For a second I thought, "That's great, maybe if i met her we can be friends and one day-"
    friend: "Yeah, she's been dating ______ for 3 years."
    My heart immediately dropped. But my main problem is that we don't have any classes together, and I never see her. I find myself looking for her in the cafeteria every day. The only time I would have to talk to her is during our free time that we have twice a week after lunch. I'm super awkward and shy, so I can't just go up and talk to her. I was going to come out at my school, but I'd rather come out to just 1 or 2 friends at school; then I could ask my friend to introduce me to her. But does anyone have any other advice? :help: Thanks :slight_smile:

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know you said you don't have any classes together, but do you have any of the same classes at different times? That might give you a good starting point for conversation. Otherwise, you could always ask your friends for advice once you're ready to come out. Best of luck. :slight_smile:

3. heyKittie

Thanks, I'll try that. :slight_smile: