1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings for a friend's boyfriend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Dakeli27, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Dakeli27

I have a friend who I've known and been friends with for many years. A few weeks back, we met somebody and befriended him. He and my friend are now dating. The problem, such that it is, is that I mile him too. I'm happy for them, but at the same time, it hurts to hear about them.
    My goal isn't to get him to like me. However, while I don't want to jeapordize my friendship with either of them, it feels dishonest somehow to not tell them, and him especially. Should I say something, and if so what, or should I just be happy that they put up with me?

2. Aspen

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess it depends on your friends and the type of relationship you all have. If your roles were reversed, would you want to know? What are you hoping to gain from telling them? It sounds like right now they haven't been dating long, but there's always the possibility that they could get serious about each other.

If you really have to tell them, do it carefully. Make it clear that you don't have any expectations, you're happy for them, you don't want to lose your friendship with either of them, and you just wanted them to know.