1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Left a Friend

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Posthuman666, Sep 19, 2015.

1. Posthuman666

I recently have decided to stop being friends with someone I considered a close friend.

Said "friend" has always been problematic. He would constantly make "jokes" about gay people, jews, black people, whatever. Basically any minority was fair game for his excuse of satire. On top of this, whenever he got upset or we started to do something he didn't want to do, he would completely shut down. He wouldn't talk for up to an hour. And only when we finally caved in he would start talking. He is so manipulative, and it always hurt myself and my friends so much. We felt like bad people, but in reality he was just using us. On top of this he is an incredibly conservative catholic. As in Donald Trump is going to be the best president conservative. I told him I wasn't catholic, that I am pagan, and he flipped out. He talked about how nothing changed, and then how we couldn't be friends, and kept telling me all this stuff like he knows my religion, which he doesn't. He has hurt me in so many ways, constantly making me feel like shit.

My other friends have been wanting me to cut ties for a long time. And now I think I have a reason. I was going to the school he is going to, but then I switched over to the public school, which is another story in its own right. Anyways, I decided to come out to him. Because I could never say it to his face, or call him, I decided to text him. Not the best way to come out, but I don't really think he deserved a proper coming out. He also only texts in the voice message thing, so I can hear him talk. I told him that I was a non binary trans girl and my homoflexible pansexual identity. The first thing he said is that pansexual people are bestiophiles. Literally the first thing that comes out of his mouth is that I am a bestiophile. The next thing he said is that he is worried that I will suddenly be attracted to him. Both of these things were incredibly hurtful. I told him how these are completely inappropriate things to say. The entire time his voice was completely emotionless and cold. It was so horrible, it was easily the worst thing anything has ever said to me. Then, he made the comment that there is no point in transgender people to transition because it wont change anything, and immediately after, told me that I was actually a male. Again, horrible horrible things that completely demolished my self esteem and confidence. He always acts like he knows everything, particularly things he has never heard of.

I confronted him about this, and he talked about how sorry he was, except that it was very obvious in the tone of his voice that he was not really sorry, all while misgendering me. Eventually I made the mistake of telling him that we were still friends. Hours later, I decided to tell him I no longer wanted to talk to him and blocked him.

I have absolutely no regrets about getting him out of my life. He always made me feel horrible, and I just now had the courage to do something about it.

2. AsheTheHuman

I see... A lot... A LOT of my story in yours. But that's for another time. Anyways, congratulations on getting such a toxic person out of your life. *hugs* How are you feeling about it though. I know I felt like crap, and still do sometimes, after leaving the toxic people in my life.