1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Between Us

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AzureDeleroix, Sep 20, 2015.

1. AzureDeleroix

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Hi, there. It's AzureDeleroix.

Ever since my girlfriend and I got together, I have had problems with keeping things that happen between us, between us. I always am telling people things that I shouldn't be, and she keeps reprimanding me, as I fully deserve. As of this post, I acknowledge I have a problem with that.

Do you have any tips as for how I could keep my mouth shut better? I can't lose her, and I hate making her upset. I'm willing to work hard to keep this relationship going
    I love her a lot, and am open to any advice.

AzureDeleroix

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    What are these "things"?

If you know you shouldn't be telling such things, it could be you aren't thinking before talking. That can be hard to overcome as it's probably stems from your personality. So, you might think about if there are certain scenarios when you speak without thinking, like maybe interacting with certain people (some people are really good at getting others to reveal secrets), responding too quickly instead of waiting a few seconds, or possibly getting distracted with a topic and going back to you and your girlfriend. Basically, you need to identify the triggers and try to work on removing or diminishing them.

3. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess my response would also be what are these things?

My partner and I have been together for 17 years and I kind of sat back and tried to think about what he wouldn't let me talk with others about with respect to us and there wasn't really much I could think of. To be honest my mind sort of slips over the question of why you can't keep your mouth shut to why you should have to. I mean it is your life too..

4. AzureDeleroix

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I mean things of, intimate nature. I shouldn't even be saying this. She told me to think of ways to not do it, but I can't. I've been depressed and alone a lot in my life, and I guess when we got together, I wanted people to know I was happy. . .

---------- Post added 20th Sep 2015 at 07:57 PM ----------

You know what, I am going to wait a few seconds before speaking about something pertaining to our relationship and say "Would she be okay with me saying this?"