1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This girl called me a..

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Midori, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    After school I was talking with this one girl. She's turning 18 soon. We were talking about cosplay and I mentioned that I loved coplaying as male characters..She said something along the lines of this: So you're one of those transvestite people? I quickly denied it because I haven't come out to her before. The way she said it made it sound really offensive..

I also freaked out when she said that because a few months ago, two online " friends " reacted horribly when I came out to them. Should I try to avoid her? Or just not talk about cosplaying as male characters now? ..I don't know..

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It seems like she said that out of ignorance. I mean, I don't know if she's actually a transphobe, I guess it's hard to say. Although it's possible she's not and just doesn't know much about transgender people. But still, it doesn't seem like she's a very understanding person in that regard so if you're not super trusting of her you shouldn't feel like you have to come out to her about it.
    I mean, if you're friends you don't have to avoid her unless that would make you more comfortable, but not talking about cosplay may not prevent that from coming up again. If it does, I guess you could explain it to her a bit if she's ignorant about it, but only if you're comfortable talking to her about it. It's something personal for you right now and she needs to respect that if that's what you want.
    Hope this helps<3

3. Midori

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, and it does help. :slight_smile:

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I had no idea wearing a costume made somebody trans-anything. I guess on Halloween we're all trans!

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That would explain my love of it. :lol: