1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drunk an confused about romantic relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Accius, Sep 24, 2015.

1. Accius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey everyone, I'm gunna apologize now if this doesnt make much sense but ive been drinking, sad, and really confused about everything. I recently got outta a 3 year relationship mostly because my ex boyfriend couldnt come to terms with me being transgender and began to see me as male when he identified as straight. I have an amazing friend/friend with benefits with my ex's consent when we were dating, and this friend has been nothing but there for me and constantly offering support and his love for me. I want to desperately move on an be happy with someone that actually loves an wants to be there for me, but I cannot get my ex out of my head. I moved in with him last year, and we just got a house together with a few mutual friends. Its not safe for me to go back to living with my parents and I dont really have any other friends so I'm stuck being around someone who broke my heart but wants to be my friend 24/7. I guess I just want someone, anyones advice on moving on. I spent three years through thick and thin with this guy and he decided that not only was it confusing sexually because he liked women and i didnt wanna be seen as a woman, but that i had been too good for him and he was not good enough for me. I really want to come to love my long distance friend that has always loved and supported me and cared like i love my ex, but I really cant make myself move on. I really hope this is the right thread to be posting this in too, let me know if it's not im pretty new still.

2. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Give yourself some time to mourn the relationship you just ended, that takes time. I know that it's a lonely time, but be patient with yourself.

I have one question. Did your boyfriend know going into the relationship that you were transgender? I'm not trying to be mean but if he didn't know I can only imagine it would be quite a shock for a straight male to watch his girlfriend go through this transformation.

He doesn't sound by the way you wrote about him that he is being mean through this break up which is good. Maybe you need to set boundaries in your home between him and yourself until you've had more time to adjust and mend your broken heart a bit. And possibly start planning on finding a place of your own in the future.

This is a big thing you're going through, and you have every right to feel hurt and sad and any other emotions you're feeling. Just try to remember that if he couldn't understand what you are going it's better to get out now. Try to take care of yourself and just be patient with yourself. (*hug*)
    Take care!!

3. Accius

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My ex and I didn't enter the relationship with either of us realizing I was trans. A little over a year into our relationship, I realized it like it was a smack to the face and I finally brought myself to come out to him a month or so after I had the realization. He was a little confused at first but very understanding and supportive in the end. He had said he would love and support me regardless, but not quite a year later he came out as asexual to me, which he just recently relieved to me he really wasn't and only did that because he felt uncomfortable/felt he was making me uncomfortable during sex. I think it was that he was actually starting to see me as male and realized he wasn't as okay with it as he thought he was before.

All in all, talking to him about everything that happened now (since we really have no choice, even if we have separate rooms now we still live together and are trying to make the best out of it by staying on the same page), I realize hes lied to me a lot about things in the past year to make me feel better and hide his emotions and never voiced his fears because he wanted me to be happy, but in the process he made himself miserable. It hurts to talk to him so much sometimes about everything I'm going through, not even with the breakup but with my depression, anxiety, and irrational thoughts, but he's really the only friend I have around me and I really struggle with talking to new people. My only other friends live in Texas and Virginia, and I'm currently going through college so even though both friends would take me in with open arms to live with them, moving away is not an option.

I'm trying my best to give it time and be patient with myself, but I'm not a very patient person to begin with I suppose. In my mind, its been a little over a month and I still feel as intensely about him as I had before. I know a month isn't long, but time is dragging so badly for me that one month has seemed like five. I've thought about moving on and trying to have a relationship regardless even if I don't feel ready, but I don't want to make my friend who cares about me a rebound and hurt him in the end as well even though he says he doesn't mind.

Thank you for your kind reply, though! It means a lot.

4. go figure

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm going to be honest here, I know really next to nothing about what happens when someone is trans. I have only experienced depression recently and it was pretty mild compared to some people, BUT I was recently told I have anxiety problems and now I'm seeing a counselor and shit. But I have to say that with EVERYTHING you have going on in your life right now you are doing really well expressing your feelings on what is happening to and around you right now.

I can barely string two words together when I start having anxiety issues. Which lately is at the very least 2-3 times a day.

I tell myself this is just a temporary problem, on the road to me being whole and happy. When I'm having an attack it may not feel like it at the time,but when I've finally talked myself off the ledge again and can see clearly I remember that truth.

I love my husband dearly, but we are good for each other. And sometimes we just have to let go to move forward.

Does it suck?....yes!
    Does it hurt?....the most painful ache ever!
    Is it lonely?....definitely!
    But you need to be with someone who is going to love you and make love to you....YOU, whether your a woman or a man or any cross in between. You really do deserve that.

And it's admirable that he tried to put you and your needs before his. But it's not fair to either of you. He sounds like he's your first love, and that one is always the hardest to get over. Just really look at want you want from a person and what you need, to be completely happy again. Don't rush yourself. Just give it time. You were a couple for a long time. That can take a few months to even begin to start getting over.
    Be easy on yourself and take care. If you ver need to talk or vent I'll be around! (*hug*)