1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Probably my last thread on straight crushes!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Superconffused, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Superconffused

I think this maybe the last post on this topic but I think there is a big problem with this especially young lgbtq people who don't know how to handle this problem.

The reason why I think it is an issues is because it happened and still does happen to me to this day. Growing up I was always super happy and always had a smile on my face. I still do. But about a year ago when I feel for one of my best friends it hit me really really hard and at that point I became depressed. I had never been depressed in my life and it really freaked sucked. Before that I thought depression was for the mentally weak but clearly I was wrong. I always struggled with my sexuality and for a long time thought I would never love a women and along came my girl friend. Honestly when she came along I was still had my depression and I don't know what she did but when we kissed I felt something. Before o couldn't feel anything for a women and now I am able to make love to my gf! Now that is my story. More to come but on the topic at hand! And I see a trend happening on the topic of straight friend crushes.

Most of the time you seek out or meet the guy/girl and you guys instantly are connected. Within a short period of time you guys are super close and are like best friends. Then for whatever reason you catch feelings. Now I know for myself I do not let myself get to that place unless I was only in it for a romantical relationship or they reciprocate signs of attraction to you! I remember the first couple of conversations we had were a series of pick up lines and calling each other gay and calling ourselves gay. He had a girl friend at the time who was one ugly, and two he dumped like a week after meeting me. But I don't want to veer off topic. Also when they are confronted about it they either run away from the situation or give the bs of "I am flattered and stuff but I don't feel the same for you!" I say it's bs because in 95% of the post that go this route the crush becomes more flirtatious in some fashion. So to me there just too many signs for the crush to "just be straight". There has to be something more! Not straight guy likes to feel on another mans body or hold hands or cuddle. Come on!

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am a bit confused about the whole purpose of the thread, like I got the thread and agree to it to a certain extent but what's the message ? I am confused. :$

3. bookreader

Out Status:
    Some people
    I just think this is a rant. I don't get what this thread is saying.

4. Superconffused

Yeah I think I just had something I needed to say! But what my point was is there is always the same trend with straight crushes! Does that mean something idk but what I do know is that love is love and gender don't mean shit!

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well to straight and gay people it does... :lol

I can understand your frustration though regarding straight crushes as I have had my fair bit of 'straight' people playing with my emotions, but yeah. Life wouldn't be as fun if we had access to everyone, plus that would actually lower our possibilities of getting that someone, so yeah. We have to ignore straight/confused people that could potentially hurt us and move on towards people that could actually fit us and reciprocate. :slight_smile:

6. Superconffused

Your absolutely right! But we just hold on to the shred of hope that he might end up liking us and it kills us slowly!! Wow that sounded dramatic asf!

7. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    haha a tad bit dramatic maybe but yeah, it stings to cling to false hope and promises that's why I try to stay clear to everyone that looks rather close to a confused girl, unless she is ready to assume her actions and so on. No more voluntarily breaking my heart. :wink:

8. Superconffused

Same!!! As soon as he tells me he don't want me though. Lol can't stop loving him man! Oh I think I just found my quote!!!