1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parents are die hard christians and ive hit rock bottom

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Ashh, Sep 25, 2015.

1. Ashh

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So as of now only like 8 people know im bi. But i cant talk to any of them because none of them understand.. Either they have parents who support them or theyre straight.. Of course i cant talk to anyone in my family because they all "report" back to my parents.. At this point i really have hit rock bottom.. Like lower than rock bottom.
    The only advise ive gotten is to tell them.. Because theyre your parents and if they love you, theyll except you.. No.. No.. You dont know my parents. Id be outed completely just like that if i told them.. On top of that, i know they wouldnt hesitate to smack me around because they were so mad.. Theyve told me in the past that they would not allow me to be a bad influence on their kids. I thought for a while that id just tell them after i move out.. But im not making enough money to do that.. Waiting is becoming near impossible. Because of recent tradegies and this secret weighing me down my mind has gone to pretty dark places. Plus i dont want to lose contact with my family.. Im stuck.:help:

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What recent tragedies are you referring to? Are you in a safe place at the moment, at least?

I would encourage you to keep talking to your friends, especially friends who are bi or otherwise LGBT. They don't need to also have your parents in order to empathize and give you support - if they're your friends, they'll care about you regardless, and positive messages would be good for you right now.

If you need to, you can remind them that you won't be coming out to your parents - you just want a place and a group of people where you feel like you can be open and have a break from the emotions you're experiencing at home.

Moving can happen in lots of different ways - but that can be tackled if you have people on your team who are willing to help you figure it out. First things first, baby steps, and all that. Hang in there, and keep posting!

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How old are you? If you don't feel safe, then don't tell your parents. Could you find somewhere else to move out for low rent, like one of your friends' places or having multiple roommates?