1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am gay but i dont accept it. Help. I am getting sick.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by egresato, Sep 26, 2015.

1. egresato

Hello, I’ll make this as simple as possible.

First let’s talk about me: I am 21 years old. I live in an island in the Caribbean. I have a college degree, honors student. I work at an awesome place. Have lots of fun with my friends, family, colleagues. I am catholic but don’t practice it that often. As of nine months I have been with an incredible partner. End of my description.

There’s something that has been tormenting me since a few months back. I am constantly looking on the internet for acceptance, for answers on questions that keep on multiplying. I’ve been stressing about being who I am. Nobody in my family or friends know I am gay, except for my partner. When we started dating everything was happy, I was so glad I had met someone like him. Now I have been having second thoughts about being gay. I want to have children, I don’t want to lose my family, I want to be successful in life. I don't understand why there are straights who have the sex and the fun but not the love and later at any point in life have a happy family with children. I cant have the sex without the love. I understand if people do it for fun and pleasure but I feel this is wrong since reproduction is only between man and women, even though i feel love for man. I have tried to forget the fact that I am gay and keep living my life as a normal human being. But I would like one day to show the world the beautiful partner I have, something that makes me really scared. Will we both lose our loving families, friends, colleagues, will people harass us or disgust us? I am sad, I am depressed, everyday looking for answers in the internet, but instead of getting answers I get more and more questions. I have now been diagnosed with an inflammation in the chest due to stress. I tell everyone it is work, but it is the searching through the net and being gay what is destroying me little by little. This stress and anxiety have led me to sometimes not feeling anything for my partner or my family. Sometimes I feel disgusted by everything I make, I am not motivated, I am just numb. I WANT THIS TO STOP!! I CAN’T KEEP UP WITH THIS! I DON'T UNDERSTAND!! My boyfriend is suffering due to my depression I know I am making him suffer too. SOMETIMES I CRY AND PRAY AND REPENT AND AT LEAST feel a little better. But The next day everything comes back!!! I CAN’T KEEP UP WITH THIS PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. If there is someone who has overcome this, please let me know! I would be so grateful since I cannot talk to anyone else about this, except for my boyfriend who is tired of hearing me be so bipolar, negative, and depressed all the time.

I WANT TO BE HAPPY WITHOUT LOSING ANYTHING THAT HAS MADE ME HAPPY UP TO THIS DAY.

#1 egresato, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  2. Chromedome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in the Caribbean too, I want to be happy and to have a boyfriend and enjoy life with him. I don't need kids. But I always feel like Ill be stared at and I'll be looked st like a criminal and it makes me uncomfortable and harder to accept being gay too.

I think the thing to do is just keep to a yourself and your boyfriend and be careful in selecting friends and if your family would lose you they think your happiness is being the straight, its not its theirs. People will always tell you a lot of things to make you feel like a second class citizen.

They did it to black people to feel sub human,religious minorities to feel like they're going to hell, disables people to feel broken, made women feel like lesser beings to just make babies and take care of them and now gays to feel defective and cursed. Children to feel like they can't do anything.

3. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How did you meet your boyfriend? It sounds like you need some more LGBT friends and straight allies who can help you relieve stress by coming out and talking about your sexuality. Just relying on your boyfriend is not enough. Besides, what does he think about the situation?

Have you thought about moving to a more tolerant place? Even in the Caribbean, there are islands and cities that are liberal and accepting of gay people.

4. RavenTheRat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Sweetie, take a deep breath. Anyone who does not accept you for the wonderful person you are doesn't deserve you. It's as simple as that. As someone who knows they will lose the love of all of their family the moment they come out, it's hard, I know. But you have to surround yourself with people who truly care about you.

Be honest with your boyfriend. Tell him how much he means to you. And tell him you're trying your best; because you are. Tell him you love him.

Don't be afraid, please. The world is becoming more and more accepting towards us, though it may not seem so. Things will get better.

As for your dreams of a family, you can still adopt children, there are thousands of children waiting for a home.

Everything will be alright <3

#4 RavenTheRat, Sep 26, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2015
  5. Mero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Also there are news about embryo research that may allow same-sex parents to have biological children!

6. Cyberdish

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    oh my god your killing me! ;o) whadda ya mean you don't accept being gay? it's who you are! one thing I know for sure is that I was made gay...I don't particularly like it either, it's a hard life, but I know if I don't roll with it it will kill me. I've never accepted my gayness with the kind of joyous abandonment I see a lot of people showing, but I know God made me this way and I have to deal with it. There's a lot of great things about the gay world, but you need to pick through a lot of shit to find them! Chill out, Cyrus xo ps..I love BC. lived in Vancouver for 4 years and spent a year on Gabriola Island!

---------- Post added 27th Sep 2015 at 01:02 AM ----------

WHOOPS!!! This is the first time I've ever posted on here and I was replying to someone who replied to your post who lives in BC thinking they were the one who said they didn't accept being gay..does that make sense?

You live on an island in the tropics? If I were you I'd be on the beach playing with my dog and laughing. Of course I'm being silly, because I know being gay in the Caribbean is not an easy way to go, in fact it's really intense, not a lot of acceptance.

You have to go within to find happiness, you have to find it in yourself, that's all I know. Nothing works until you find a way to live an authentic life, ya know? Hiding is a lie. I know because I hid for years. Sometimes I still feel I have to, but I know the difference.

You can't be out where you live, especially if it's somewhere like Jamaica or Trinidad..I mean you can, of course, but it comes with a lot of risk. I wish you luck.

7. TheAnon32

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey you are not alone! I am from the Caribbean too and it's something we all go through. Sometimes you just need to stop and take a breath. Just live your life now and stop worrying ten years down the road. Im not saying you shouldn't plan ahead but don't let that be your only waking thought.