1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting to give up my feelings but they won't?!

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by gamergirl99, Sep 27, 2015.

1. gamergirl99

So, basically, I fell in love with my best friend last year in December (and I confessed) so it has been more than 9 months.. over time, my love for her just became so strong.. that it won't even go away..

Then, I found out that she's straight (lol she never dated any guys so.. :confused:) like a month ago and I was like.. That's it, I'm over this. So I tried to forget my feelings and it sort of did. For a week only.. But now, it's coming back slowly and I have finally told her that I'm a lesbian a month ago and now lol she's so curious and she's asking me questions and such, which I don't mind.

And now, a while ago today, my eyes just started to swell up with tears.. And it was out of nowhere! I was wondering why I was crying and when I stared at a picture of me and her, I realized that my heart was missing her. So, I started bursting with tears. I miss her, I do.. But I keep telling myself that it wasn't worth it. No matter how many hints I've experienced, I keep telling myself to stop it! But my heart keeps telling me that it is worth it.

Then, again, when I was walking outside of my room, I felt myself sobbing again and I cried and cried.

What should I do? I want to forget my feelings and I don't.. I'm stuck and my feelings would never go away no matter what..

Thanks for reading.. :frowning2:

2. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The heart wants what it wants. (Hug)

Are you two still friends? I'd say hang on to that and see where it goes if you say she is curious.

I'm in love with one of my closest straight male friends but tragically for me we had a falling out over something really minor and stupid about 5 years ago, and he still refuses to even talk to me.
    I still think about him every day.

Trust me when I say the pain is far worse when all of a sudden one day you two have nothing, so that's why I say if you two are still friends hang on to that and see where it goes.

If you just end up being friends, yes it will hurt because there will be a tremendous sense of loss there, which may stay with you forever, but at least she will still be in your life.

#2 JB2015, Sep 28, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  3. gamergirl99

I know.. :frowning2: Yes, we have been and still are BFFs and close as well. :slight_smile: and oh my god... :frowning2: I am so sorry to hear that.. ;-;
    And yes, that's true. And I will! Ah I see.. :frowning2:

Thank you for your help so much and I'm so sorry about your straight friend. :'f

4. JB2015

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're welcome and thank you.

I really hope for the best possible outcome for you two.

5. LoveMarshmallow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey, I was or still am in the same situation and after about 6 months I told her. It is a little different because even though she doesn't know it yet she's probably bi. I knew she would reject me but that was okay for me because that seemed better than keeping my feelings a secret. So, last week I told her and since that we haven't talked a word. She wants distance and I'm not sure if we're ever going to be friends again. Even though this is terrible I'm relieved to not have this big secret any more.

Well, what I want to tell you is that you have to decide what's more important for you, to tell her or to keep her as a friend. But before you make a decision I need to add that she wasn't my BFF. She was or is one of my best friends but there's much between us being BFF's.

Well, I hope this helped and much luck❤

6. gamergirl99

Np, anytime and thank you very much.

---------- Post added 30th Sep 2015 at 12:20 PM ----------

Oh god.. I'm so sorry... :frowning2: I'm sure you guys will be friends again. Maybe she'll need a lot of time to think about it and gain your friendship little by little.

Ah, I see. Honestly, our friendship means a lot more.. but I found out a month ago, that after I confessed to my BFF, she didn't mind. I literally thought that she wanted space from me, but it wasn't that. She honestly didn't care and it was my fault that we didn't talk for 3 months. ;-;

Thank you, it did help :slight_smile: and I wish good luck to you... How long has it been since you told your friend?

7. Biker boy

I hope things work out for you...its hard and I think all people go through this not just the gay community. You feel one way towards a friend but they don't. Sometimes its a very fine line to cross with them falling in love...I still to this day still love him but now its for the warm memory of how I felt around him not so much for being intimate. It gets better but like everything it just takes time one good thing is if you two are friends I always say its better to have had him as a friend and be able to be a part of his life then no see him at all..loves funny but it tends to work out even though we might not like or feel at the time that its the end of the world..friends are forever loves come and go, until you find the perfect one for you

8. gamergirl99

Thank you and you're very right..! ;-; and awh... I'm so sorry. :'(

And that's so true. ;-;

Thank you for your amazing answer, I really appreciate it and again, I'm sorry. ;-;

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You can't really forget your feelings for someone, but you can displace those feelings, or put them into something else.

Take these emotions you feel and use them to fuel a work out, write a story, paint a picture, learn to cook (and this can double as comfort food), just anything to exhaust those feelings. They may not go away, but you'll learn how to deal with them, to make use of them, and when you start doing more things, more opportunities open up for you and you will feel better. You can look back and say, wow, awesome, I did that. Fuck yeah!

Your mood will lift up, and it will compete with your more negative emotions. Eventually, you'll have something else to go to, instead of humoring your pain. But trying to forget, that isn't very easy, nor very healthy. It is possible, but you'll have to confront them again... at best you can delay.

This is easier said than done, I know. But I wanted to give you something a little more practical.

10. LoveMarshmallow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    /QUOTE]

Oh god.. I'm so sorry... :frowning2: I'm sure you guys will be friends again. Maybe she'll need a lot of time to think about it and gain your friendship little by little.

Ah, I see. Honestly, our friendship means a lot more.. but I found out a month ago, that after I confessed to my BFF, she didn't mind. I literally thought that she wanted space from me, but it wasn't that. She honestly didn't care and it was my fault that we didn't talk for 3 months. ;-;

Thank you, it did help :slight_smile: and I wish good luck to you... How long has it been since you told your friend?[/QUOTE]

Only a week but it feels like months. I never thought I could miss her that much and that it'd be so easy to kinda end a friendship even though it hopefully isn't forever...(*hug*)

11. gamergirl99

Only a week but it feels like months. I never thought I could miss her that much and that it'd be so easy to kinda end a friendship even though it hopefully isn't forever...(*hug*)[/QUOTE]

Oh... ;-; I know, time is like a illusion.. And awh.. :'( Friendship is usually easy to start but difficult to end. Sometimes ;-; (*hug*) I hope you'll feel better. ^^ (*hug*)