1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So the only person I've come out to...

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by reginaphalange, Sep 28, 2015.

1. reginaphalange

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My best friend of ten years now, is the only person I trust with my life . I came out to her three weeks ago (I think). She took it very well, she said she was proud of me, told me why I didn't tell her sooner (which honestly pisses me off, I know where you're coming from, but also acknowledge where I'm coming from), and she told me that it's fine. I was super grateful. Coming out to her was one of the hardest decisions I made in terms of weighing the advantages with the consequences, and one of the biggest advantages I weighed was the fact that I could now talk to her about literally anything and everything. I would talk to her about everything I thought, really. The problem is, when I do talk to her about this stuff (and I mean EVERYTIME) she replies with: broooo (NOTE: she lives far away from me, we mostly text) and I hate that because she talk to me about all of her boy troubles and her argument is that she doesn't understand me (my sexuality I guess) therefore she can't respond with good advice. Me: Well I don't understand boys and hetero-norms but guess what I still give you advice because it's not very different. If you think about it it's quite simpler hence we are both females. I really just want someone who knows me and can talk to me about relationships. I'm never going to stop being her friend but I feel like there's work that needs to be done in her part. I don't know how to tell her this? :help:

2. Khaleesix

Well although it's awesome to share everything with that one special friend, she isn't being lazy I think she really doesn't know where to come from. I personally think you should sit down with her and tell her straight up that you need her to be there for you just like you're there for her. Tell her you don't care if her advice is shit, you want it anyways and you need it. I'm sure she'll be more then happy to help you but she probably doesn't even know this is a problem to you and once she does in sure she'll change to help you.