1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out but not out

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Lost sole, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Lost sole

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well when I started commin out de first ppl I told were my parents coz dey would not stop
    givin me de sex talk .......Well not de right kind . So i told em dat I am a Lesbian , it was so terifying . Supricingly dey both accepted me ........ So I thought . It has been a while now I would say things r normal but der is no normal . My dad seems to be cool with my sexuality , but unfortunately I cant say de same for my mom . I came out coz I wanted to be ....... Well me . The short hired pens loving n non dress wering me . Well dat n coz I did not want em to freak out when I introduced my gf . But my mom keeps critisizing eveythin I say , everythin I were ..... well everythin I do realy . She keeps insistin I were this do dat . N I simply cant take it anymore I barely talk to her about my personal stuff coz we simply dont agree . I cant even imagine her reaction when i tell her i want a tux for my prom next year ( If I even get to go ) . I dont expect her to be proud of her lesbian daughter ( She never has been y start now ) . All I want is for her to let me live my own lyf in peace without her tryin to control it . I know that I will make mistakes along de way but dat is an opportunity to learn n i wanna learn . De problem is I dont know how to tell her dat

2. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

It's great that you came out to your parents! That takes a lot of courage.
    It's good that you at least have your dad supporting you. Sometimes mother/daughter relationships can be more complicated because your mom may have always expected you to lead a similar life to her. That doesn't mean she can't change her thinking in the future. She could just need some time to get used to it.
    If it's possible, you could try sitting her down and telling her basically everything you said here, but in a calm way. If you do this, try to avoid directly accusing her of things, as this could make her defensive and less likely to listen. Just tell her how you feel and say it would make you feel a lot better if she showed more support. Try to be patient with her, or at least tell her you understand if she's having a hard time with it, but it's not easy for you either and you're not any different, you're just being yourself and you want her to be as happy about that as you are.

If you think it may be hard having a conversation like this with her, you could even try writing a letter to her about all of it. It may feel like a weird thing to do, but if that's what would be easier for you to express how you feel, then you should do it.

She's obviously having a hard time with it for right now because she's not used to it yet, but the best thing to do is to try and keep communication open with her and be calm about it. Try to be as patient as you can, even though it's hard and don't act aggressively toward her as this will only make things worse and damage your relationship further.

Hopefully in time, she will come to see that you are just being yourself and love and accept you for it.
    Best wishes<3

3. Lost sole

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Tnx for de advice . I will try what u said n hopefully she takes it well . But de thing is my mom is really , really religious n close minded . She expects all girls to act a certain way . I didnt expect her to accept me , but she suprised ne when she did n I am greatfull for that . Now I am confused about where she stands coz she shows sighns of denial . I guess only time will tell .