everything i know is wrong

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by bassboss, Sep 29, 2015.

1. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just talked to my mom about me being gay she asked me and I responded I kept talking about it and she told me that she didn't accept that I was gay so apparently now I don't have my parents support and my mom has been lieing to me I just want to die but I'm to much of a wuss to just end it

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ending it is the last thing you should even think about doing. I've been there many, many times and as much as things may suck right now, doing anything to end it does nothing but remove ANY chance for happiness in the future.

#2 angeluscrzy, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  3. Acuba403

I know it's hard, but depending on how out you are you have many other forms of support. My mother doesn't accept me but there are also friends siblings, and other family that are pro LGBT. Your mother will come around, it may take some time for her to accept that you are gay. It may be in a few days or in a few months or longer but she will come around. You also have everyone here for support, EC is probably my biggest support system. Things will get better. If you want to talk, my wall is open. (*hug*)

4. bassboss

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm not really upset with her not being OK with it but the face that she pretended to be OK with it

5. Acuba403

The thing is that it's very hard to determine why she did that, maybe she thought it was a phase like many mothers do. It could be that she was in denial about it and didn't want to accept it because all a mother wants is for their child to have a happy and easy life; not conforming to society pretty much throws easy out the window. It could just take her time to get used to the idea of a son-in-law rather than a daughter-in-law. It could be any number of reasons, the best idea is probably to just sit down and talk to her about it. Try not to take any rejection to heart it's hard on any parent as we as you.