1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Newbie to Lesbian Relationships

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by questions4ever, Sep 29, 2015.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've just discovered that I might be lesbian or at least bisexual. I know this is an ignorant question but how does one go about finding other lesbian/bisexual girls in high school? :lol:

#1 questions4ever, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  2. heyKittie

I have the same problem at my middle school! There is most likely at least one open lesbian/bisexual at your school, there is a lesbian at my school(who I kinda like actually), and I just asked my friend to introduce me to her next week. Try to find a lesbian or bisexual at your school, and they will most likely know others like them.
    Is there a GSA club at your school? That would be a good place to start. And some people suggested I subtly wear rainbow bracelets/jewelry. However, if you aren't open about your sexuality to everyone, im not sure what to do. I'm only out to one Friend, so I just ask her to introduce me to people like me. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In school it's kinda hard to find someone, or at least at my school there were not really outed LGBT+ people, so I couldn't really find someone there.

But nevertheless it was easy for me to find some other lesbians and bisexuals, because my friends outside of school were pretty open-minded and some were at least bisexual.
    One day my best friend who wrote articles for school magazine wanted to write something about homosexuality in general and at school, so she wanted to visit a LGBT+ youth group of our city. She realized that I seemed interested and she took me with her. As my best friend she really seemed to know what was going on in my head and I never had to say anything...That's how I finally met some nice LGBT+ people my age and I could talk to other girls which were questioning, etc.

For your case, if there is an open lesbian or bisexual, at your school, maybe try to get in contact with her and just say hi :slight_smile: Maybe she knows other lesbians at your school or at least a group outside of school where you can meet others.

4. crazydiamond

It's pretty difficult depending on where you live. There were a few open lesbians and bisexuals in my high school but I was so deep in the closet I didn't ever go for it. The people I went to school with were all focused on popularity. I never dated in high school. Good luck, though. Maybe try the drama club?

5. BrandiBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I honestly just went for it. I would try and gauge the girl depending on what they said how they acted. I would also sometimes drop hints like damn girl you lookin fine with a wink. Then depending on how they reacted was how I went forward or backed the f-off. Also I would work on making the amount of people you're out too larger. One because this will help you find other gays. It will also help you befriend that cute girls friend if you know what I mean? :wink:

6. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Depending on where you are, it can be kind of awkward, but if you're in a position to be out, being out helps! The gay clumping factor can be a powerful thing, haha. If there's a GSA or LGBT society where you go to school, I second that as a place to check out.

I also second the idea of wearing Subtle Gay Hints. I certainly tend to find more than one rainbow item sets off my gaydar, haha. But don't do what I did in college and festoon yourself in rainbow things, okay? Nobody should wear as many rainbows as I did. But a keychain and bracelet, something like that, that's worth a go.

But honestly, in my experience, being out is the easiest way if that's an option. If the other gay folks know you're gay, they're more likely to approach you themselves! :slight_smile:

7. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
  8. BandFangirl

BandFangirl Guest

BECOME FRIENDS!!!!!
    the easiest way to start a relationship is to become friends and if there is that mutual want to take the friendship further then it will happen