1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The 'Right' thing to do

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Black Swan, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Black Swan

I have a complicated situation. I'm 17 (nearly 18) and my friend is 22. We're really close friends and tell each other almost everything. What drives me crazy is that I have a huge crush on her (she is bi). There are however, a few roadblocks.

1. The age gap. Is it inappropriate to be in a relationship with someone five years your senior at our age? Both of us are very mature. I'll admit, though, that I would find hitting on her awkward unless I knew there was some mutual interest, because I'd be scared of her thinking it was weird.

2. She gets a lot of unwanted attention, all the time. She has that personality that seems to make people want to hit on her. Would I just be one of those annoying people? I don't want to lose her trust in me as a friend, either.

3. We're obviously in total different life stages, and due to the nature of how we met, we share no mutual friends.

Despite these hurdles, I'm still seriously keen on her. Should I tell her, or would I risk destroying our rare and wonderful bond as friends?

#1 Black Swan, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2015