1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long does it take?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LoveMarshmallow, Sep 30, 2015.

1. LoveMarshmallow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In my last thread I told you that I told one of my best friends that I like her and she rejected me. Now she wants distance but for how long?
    I mean, someday she'll talk to me again, won't she? Do you have experience with situations like this? Please, tell me how long it could take:slight_smile:

2. confusedbubble

Mine hasn't spoken to me more than 4 words since February then again I thought we were friends maybe not

3. bearhug1994

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    My buddy pretty much stayed away from me for about 9 or 10 months. We saw each other some but only because of other friends and it was awkward every time. But now we're back friends again. I wouldn't say it's like it was by no means but at least I have him back in my life.
    Be strong I know it's hard but it will get better. And hopefully in time your friend will come back to you.

4. STM29

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well that really depends on the person.
    But from my experience, good friends come back.

When I told my friend, she reacted a bit strange, overstrained and wanted a bit of distance too. But as far as I recall it took just some months to get back to normal.

But I've also been on the other side. A friend told me that he had a crush on me and that was too much for me. I tried to keep everything as it was before his confession, but somehow I needed some distance too, with less contact. But also after some months everything went back to normal.

I hope for you, that I'll take also just a few months in your case! I wish you all the best! :slight_smile:

5. LoveMarshmallow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank y'all for your answers. I guess I have to wait some time. That will be hard :/