1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How should I flirt back?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by abominable, Oct 1, 2015.

1. abominable

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    So a couple weeks ago I was in the mall. I was feeling pretty depressed at the time and I was hoping the sight of some cute boys would help me out. Anyway, I walked into A&F out of curiosity. I don't wear their clothes nor do I shop there. I merely went in to see of there were any cute guys in there (and they was).

Upon walking in, this cutie walked up to me and asked if I needed help. We made direct eye contract for a decent amount of time. I forgot exactly what transpired, but basically I told him I didn't and he told me to let him know if I needed any help later. So I just walked around the store for a bit and noticed he was following me, ever so discretely, around the store, occasionally giving me glances as I walked around and looked at clothes. I had somehow ended up in the women's section without realizing and he was kind enough to let me know, while smiling and glancing at me as he walked away. Later on I was in the jeans section (which oddly mixes men's and women's clothes so that jeans are north/south while the rest of the store is east/west. So I ended up looking at women's clothes again on accident and he stopped what he was doing, ran over to me in a hurry, and told me again that I was looking at women's jeans. What can I say, I'm a guy and I've got very little fashion sense haha. I took a seat to text a couple of my gay friends to see what they thought, and he gave me more glances.

Just for the record, I'm a mostly closeted bisexual. I've only told a handful of people (all within the last month, so I'm slowly coming to terms with it). One of my friends asked his other gay friends about it and he thought it was just coincidental. The other one advised me not to do anything because he's at work and it may put him in an awkward situation. After all, this boy is a stranger to me and I've got no idea what his sexual orientation is, I'm just speculating. And given that I suffer from mild Asperger's Syndrome, I'm really bad at reading emotions and being aware of my social surroundings.

So tonight I'm going back to the mall to get some work clothes for my new job (I'm a recent engineering graduate) and I figured I'd drop into A&F again. What should I do? I'd really like to ask him on a date, but I don't know how.

2. Rainbows~Exist

From your perspective I can 100% see what you mean. Without personal opinion or insight I'd say "Go for it," since it appears that he might be into you. A customer Assistant's job is to greet the customer, as if they need any form of assistance and if no, move on with a friendly smile. If you say yes then they'll ask what you need but since you said no and he continued to "follow" you around the store and still help you then I'd interpret this situation as him taking a liking to you and trying to impress you.that being said I would advise caution if you are going to ask him out. Like you said you have a hard time reading people's emotions so instead of full out asking him on a date try and flirt with him a little and see if he's actually interested. Good luck! (*hug*)

3. abominable

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    One suggestion that (yet another) friend made is to ask him what he thinks would look good on me when he asks if I need help. I thought it was an awesome suggestion

---------- Post added 1st Oct 2015 at 04:02 PM ----------

One thing you've gotta realize tho is that I've got the flirting ability of a lawn chair. Like I can't even flirt in bars, let alone in a store. How should I approach that?

4. Rainbows~Exist

Flirting isn't necessarily dirty talk or anything, it's just showing interest in the person you're flirting with. Just try to start a conversation where you try to get to know more about him. If you can try at some light humour. Don't over think and let the conversation flow.