1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love my girlfriend but my mom doesn't like her at all.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by BrandiBear, Oct 2, 2015.

1. BrandiBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So here's the thing after my girlfriend and i got together I got really depressed and fell down again. NOT because of her in fact she is part of what pulled me up. Infortunately my mom didn't and dosen't think so. She blames her for my fall. The worst part is she's never met my GF or even knows what she looks like. So I stupidly told my mom I would break up with her but instead we took a break. And yes I know it sounds stupid but I didn't even make it through a day before I realized that not only was I done listening to everything my mom said about people that she didn't know and never would. I didn't want to end something that finally felt like the real thing because of my moms ignorant judgement. So I got back with her and my mom thinks we broke up. It's fucking stupid I really want this to work I just need advice on how to handle this the chill way. I do love her and I really want to be with her and I really wish my mom could know but she can't she would ruin my life. I figure I should wait until I'm about to move out which is in about a year and two months buuuut... Help!!:bang:

2. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't want to come across rude, but if you're happy with your girlfriend, then I honestly would not care about what your mom says. Something common among all LGBT+ individuals is accepting who we are and being happy with the the life we are given. If other people cannot see that, then it is their loss, not yours.

From a parental perspective, she would want the best for you and does not see the happiness you speak of when you are with your girlfriend. A lot of people can't "see" things when they're upset.

Show her that you're happy, and that's all you can do.

3. BrandiBear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, thanks that actually really helps. :slight_smile: