1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobic Friend That Everyone Else Likes

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by ilovesg, Oct 2, 2015.

1. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have a group of friends from high school and they want to go to six flag together. The problem is that I am not talking to one of them anymore because we had an argument but the rest of them still talk to her. My other friend who I still talk to said I shouldn't break up a friendship over political differences (she's voting for donald trump) but this girl says hurtful things about gay people and that is totally different. She has told me homophobia doesn't exist, gay people need to stop complaining, and she called a guy gay because he cried literally 30 minutes after we had a talk about why you shouldn't say that. She doesn't care that she hurts my feelings and doesn't try to change. She expects me to consider her my best friend but why should I put up with that from my "best friend" ?She acts like she's the victim and I am over dramatic. It kind of bothers me that my friends don't care that she has hurt me and they still hang out with her. I want to go to six flags but I do not want to see her but I can't ask my other friends to not invite her just because of me. What do I do? Just not go at all?

2. Rice and Pepper

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is quite common to have to put up with people you don't like. Going to six flags doesn't mean you forgive her. Not going, on the contrary, means that your conflict with the people you don't like is more important to you than the bonds with your friends.

You are very right that she is acts kind of arrogant (at least that's what I get from your description) but don't let your emotions take over. You really want to go to that event and your friends will be there too, so don't let a person who is not worthy of your time and thought ruin it.

Try not to be stubborn about it. I know it hurts, but even straight people have been in a similar situation and you shouldn't get antisocial because of it.

#2 Rice and Pepper, Oct 2, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  3. TempUsername3

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is your ex-friend older than 45, cis-hetero-male and white? Because that's the only kinda person I can see voting for Donald Trump. They're the only people who benefit from that moron.

That aside, I agree with Rice and Pepper, some times its better to put aside those differences for a moment. However, if all of your friends are homophobic and believe Donald Trump is doing great things, you should probably go find new friends.

4. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    nope! she's a girl 18 and asian lol I don't know why she likes donald trump so much. I might see her later today so we'll see how it goes. hopefully she has changed her mind

5. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

Even though you don't like her, don't let her be the one who ruins your time. She doesn't deserve that. Just try and stay positive and have a good time and be thankful for the fun times you have with your friends while you're there. Try not to focus on the negative parts.