1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Found an old friend's dating profile

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by skittleALY, Oct 3, 2015.

1. skittleALY

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    So I'm wondering what some of you would do in this situation...

I was browsing on a dating app on my phone when I came across someone that I actually know - I've had a feeling she might have been gay for a little bit now, but since she showed up on the app and in her bio is the rainbow emoji I guess that confirms it.

Here's the back story though... Years ago when we were both 17/18 (I'm 24 now) we used to be really close friends, until one day she basically cut me out of her life. She had a pretty steady boyfriend at the time so I thought she was straight, and I myself was struggling with figuring out my own sexuality. It took me a little bit of time after that for me to figure out that I was gay and come out, but I always knew I had such a big crush on her back then even if I wasn't ready to accept that yet.

I was completely obsessed with her back then and would have given anything to be with her. It was your typical "gay girl in love with her straight best friend" & I was devasted after she stopped being friends with me. She never told me why either.

We've stayed Facebook friends ever since but haven't had any communication since our friendship "break-up". Oddly enough though out of the blue she added me on snapchat a few weeks ago.

So what do you think? Should I swipe right and see what happens? :eusa_doh: Or do you think it would be kind of awkward since we used to know each other? (Assuming she'd swipe right on me too anyways..)

#1 skittleALY, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
  2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would swipe right on her. What do you have to lose anyway ? In the best case, you'll meet up again and create some bonds, in the worst one, you won't talk at all which is basically what you've been doing for years anyway, so I would say go for it. :slight_smile:

3. skittleALY

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    Thanks for the reply! I never know what to do when I come across someone on there that I know - this one freaked me out more for some reason though since we once used to be good friends.

I decided to go for it and swiped right. Like you said, the worst that could happen is we won't ever talk again, which we already do now. So far it's no match, so she either swiped left on me or hasn't come across me yet! I figured if she does come across me and swipes left, she won't ever know that I swiped right so what's the harm?